Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
212e59d378c3c0c079cd4003d30d838f8e12f1c0cb3f17a23ece51b6baf7f6d9532c151439ddf86f8719f543290f6f65heres a few pics

Sent from iPhone

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Bad A$$ ride CP!

I'll be looking forward to your report on how it drives. I'm wondering if it's noticeable or not.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's the money shot. That looks amazing. Can you share exactly what mods had to be done to get the roof back on?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There's the money shot. That looks amazing. Can you share exactly what mods had to be done to get the roof back on?
Well thank you but I was hoping onto let to many pics out till it was were it's supposed to be in the woods with the upper fixtures back on but...all 8 mounts had to be moved forward. The back one the least and the front 4 a lot. Didn't actually measure used masking tape to get placements but that's it. Was worried the backup lights mounted flush into the roof wouldn't fit but they still did. There were no problems

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If only they came from the factory like this. All UTV's could use a chop on the factory cage in most cases
I totally agree!

Sent from iPhone

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm a mechanical guy and have limited knowledge of capacitors.
I'm not familiar with amp ratings on capacitors. Volts and Farads are what I've heard of.

How will this be used? I'm intrigued.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Capacitors recharge at over 10 times the rate with much less effort involved because the efficiency is far greater. The reserve capacity isn't as good however I'm hoping with the charge rate it may make up for it. This particular unit has drastically more amperage so I'm figuring it'll do pretty well for big hit items like the winch but not 100% sure at this point I guess test it and find out. Usually speaking capacitors only hold juice for a few days to roughly a week but this unit I've been told can hold most of its original charge for up to a month. Even while being used it is still charging at a much quicker rate then any batteries available. We have a tendency to over use batteries and will drop them as low as 9.5 volts very frequently which kills even the best deep cycles quickly. With a capacitor that doesn't matter what so ever they don't need memory. We do have separated batteries so the start is never effected but our accessory battery is. One would for sure work excellent for a start battery given the parameters but we need accessory at this point. For regular use these should work great however the reserve isn't as good so I'm not sure on something like this, we ask a lot out of our batteries, but it at least won't continue to cost us batteries in the future.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I won't this to work. I thought capacitors were only for single instant power supply (one and done). If this can run my winch for 5 minutes. I'm doing it to.
You da man!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I won't this to work. I thought capacitors were only for single instant power supply (one and done). If this can run my winch for 5 minutes. I'm doing it to.
You da man!
While running it may. I've got to button up a bunch now but know soon. It'll work for start I'm sure but now ones tried it on accessory. Fingers crossed! I won't learn new things if I don't at least try.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If wanting to keep the accessory wiring the same is the only reason, you could use remote terminals. Just install large battery under the seat and run a pair of cables salvaged from a set of #2 jumper cables. The wires would be a joined pair and then slip them in a wire loom. Install the remote terminals in the oem battery location so no working has to change.

I know you CP already know this but not every reader may have thought about it.

Also, the safe thing to do is to install a breaker or fuse on the battery!

I still haven't made up my mind on what I want to do. Right now I'm leaning toward the single battery under the seat.
You do bring up some valid points. For us i definitely will stay dual batteries so we never kill factory battery and totally stay off of factory wires. There are lots of different opinions in setups but I feel very strongly about separation. For one if there is ever a chance something is wrong with the Honda electronics we cannot be held liable and second I like to be able to shut off all power at once to everything except Honda. With that being said I wouldn't be opposed to doing a big battery under the seat in addition to factory except I personally like having everything at my fingertips under the hood. Now we can't do one under the seat because of bass. I still believe in dual for many reasons and especially for others putting a big system in imo its safer. If anything went wrong your Honda won't have anything fried. We have had juice well under 10 volts and the factory Honda knows nothing of the sort still fires up like in the showroom. You can sit listening to the stereo or using lights without the rig running putting hours onto it. 3001142ca1b76dfc5e3b24ecc9a230b7And yes 100% breaker! I have one installed before anything and allows 100% shutdown for any reason. I see no reason why someone shouldn't use a breaker.
One thing I sure could see is using a small lightweight battery for start because that just doesn't need anything really.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Destinbeachman.

Reactions: sharp
S

StephenP1k

Nov 25, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where it's placed is straight. After that the roof curves in towards the front and it would be more difficult as you are altering another angle.

Sent from iPhone
Good morning if I cut 3 inches out of the A and C pillar how much do I need to cut out of the B pillar?

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Shelly

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!