sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are an artist my friend.

How much would it take for you to make a trip down south? We could probably lineup at least a dozen members in the Southeast that would like this done.
If he makes it down here I will volunteer my shop for him to use a his disposal to hook everyone up.

M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
What u going to do w glass windshield ? I have that planned out when I chop mine. But I have the hard rear mid glass section. So I don't no how to cut the plastic/glass an make it look good

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I bought my glass windshield broken to save money so I had to replace the glass anyway. It's flat glass even being safety it's about 120 for new cut but it'll be cheaper now. I might build an aluminum setup down the road but if I don't this one would only take an hour or two to cut down so no big deal.

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@sharp if I could could get out of work more during the week I swear on everything holy I already would've been down several times already. My family and I want nothing more lately to then a couple beers and some good riding with you all!!!! This is the complete opposite side of the world

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How did the all the plastic fare when you force dried it ?
Very smart question! If you noticed I used all materials that will "adjust" for the the different movements and types of plastics. That's good down the road however It's still not good to try to force dry that many different things at once but I have pretty good luck over the years. I really suggest if anyone does this to just let things dry correctly.

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh yeah, your window nets won't fit now! OMG, what will you do?!
Ya most of the net mounts are gone even! GONE. Not my thing. Doors will be a little tougher I'll tak fabric off and redo them. I never liked the fit and wasn't a fan of the fabric. The easy way is to cut frames and bring in fabric to a shop I can't imagine more then 100 bucks to resew. They would be more solid with that much cut off. But I want to just get some plastics and do my own but better. I'm way less busy in fall and winter so maybe do something really cool.

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Roof fits. Adjustments were needed but it went!
Windshield on. Back to representing for the best site ever.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How about a pioneer invasion to the Pacific NorthWest? :)
I'm in! Everyone come this way!!!!!! Whatever kind of riding you want well go!!! I'll even street ride if I had to

Sent from iPhone

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh man I've been thinking about doing this. Mine barely fits in the garage the way it is and is way too tall looking. If you can please post a side shot so we can see the profile change.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh man I've been thinking about doing this. Mine barely fits in the garage the way it is and is way too tall looking. If you can please post a side shot so we can see the profile change.
I will tomorrow not sure why I didn't. It's way lower but from a distance you don't notice it too much until you walk up on it especially from the front you realize you can see the top of the roof a bit. I can definitely see advantages for garages and toy haulers. It's low!i went max and would probably suggest a little less as the center bars were a little tough at this much because I had to get into the bracing a little but wasn't bad and for us I'm happy. This will be far more stable. Other then maybe the big lightbar this is my favorite add I think. I'm 6ft 1 my boy is 6ft 4 and we're good. He has to get in more like you would a car rather then a truck but he says no problems. Only thing people need to keep in mind is accessories will be tougher but definitely not doable

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good to know a hard roof is possible after this mod. I took 7" out if my RZR and it was perfect. I feel like I could loose a foot out if this one and be fine. I'm only 5'10" though

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Good to know a hard roof is possible after this mod. I took 7" out if my RZR and it was perfect. I feel like I could loose a foot out if this one and be fine. I'm only 5'10" though
Could go maybe a few more but the center gets overly complicated. I could still be fine headroom with another 3 but I don't want to bend so much to get in. Back has more room. We're all fairly tall so I wanted to leave a little on the table. Honda development was on crack in my eyes. It's way too tall.

Sent from iPhone

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed. I'll have to do a little measuring when I get home. I do own a welder and a very nice devilbiss hvlp gun still. I was a painter as well in a former life.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Didn't even bother to break out my spray gun on this one really didn't want that gloss finish. But I say DO IT!

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: pct and Delton
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was thinking about a crinkle finish white powder coat... Winder how that would look
I was thinking red at first my boy nearby had me talked into white. If white in my roof would hold up I would have done it but we hit a lot so I backed off. Texture will be nice. I really think you'd have to do the roof as well otherwise there would be white bars that just end. Maybe not though. It would look sick with roof done too. I will be doing the windshield surrounding in white.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Delton
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!