Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well i am going to be the bad guy here.Nature of my past jobs.Your snap ring looks like it got the dog s*** beat out of it.It seems the inner piece and the outer piece are walking back and forth way to freely. It could be to loose of a fit. That was a good find and thanks for the knowledge.Maybe try a different gear oil to slow down the movement.Iam sure you found the problem but why.That was my job to find out why.
Looks like the old clip is cupped?

T

tbwolf

Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2023
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well i am going to be the bad guy here.Nature of my past jobs.Your snap ring looks like it got the dog s*** beat out of it.It seems the inner piece and the outer piece are walking back and forth way to freely. It could be to loose of a fit. That was a good find and thanks for the knowledge.Maybe try a different gear oil to slow down the movement.Iam sure you found the problem but why.That was my job to find out why.
I agree that it’s odd and I have no clue why it popped out. The old ring is beat up but from what I can tell it was just sitting there taking abuse from the rear driveshaft constanly spinning.

Nothing else seemed impacted by the issue.

It’s all back together and worked great on a test run last night!

I guess if my 4wd goes out in WV I’ll have a good idea what’s wrong.

If it happens again I’ll most likely replace the front section that houses the 4wd arm, shaft, bearing and snap rings.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I agree that it’s odd and I have no clue why it popped out. The old ring is beat up but from what I can tell it was just sitting there taking abuse from the rear driveshaft constanly spinning.

If it happens again I’ll most likely replace the front section that houses the 4wd arm, shaft, bearing and snap rings.
Good time to Put the synthetic gear lube (NoBudLite) in the diffs to quiet er down a bit while your in there

T

tbwolf

Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2023
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good time to Put the synthetic gear lube (NoBudLite) in the diffs to quiet er down a bit while your in there
Forgot to add that... I put the valvoline full synthetic 75w-140 in yesterday after reading about it quieting down things.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good luck on your ride. Sounds like you got it solved. How many miles do you have on it before the problem? Wondering if the ring was misinstalled or something else like @john 790 said

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!