E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Kept my Foreman and it gets used a lot when the Grandchildren come over. Last summer I told them that as long as they stayed on the lawn, they could ride it all that they wanted. My lawn is a little more than 2 acres and after a week, they had put on 54 miles! Well worth keeping. I ride it if I have to head down back right after I've spent an hour or two washing my Pioneer and I want it to stay clean for at least 48 hours! Two different rides and I enjoy them both. Just sold my last three, 3 wheelers last year.

Gumby

Gumby

Mar 9, 2018
Freedom, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had an Outlander 800 that I sold shortly after buying the Pioneer. I'm still not sure if I regret it or not. I really enjoyed riding it but it hardly would've gotten any use.

I still have my 450r. It is my old race quad that I have WAY too much money in to sell. I still put a few hundred miles on it a year. I like the Pioneer, but there's nothing like drifting corners or hitting 80+ mph on the railroad beds.

20190111 185154

N

noisewater

Aug 3, 2017
west michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got 2 grizzly 700s and a Prairie 400. Never crossed my mind to sell them. 2 very different types of riding and I still really enjoy both. Plus by my camp in the UP there's plenty of great trails that the P1k5 won't fit down.

Reactions: sharp and Caper
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pops has kept his Foreman 500, but ever since my buddy that we ride with sold his 420 and is looking at a P1000, he has been talking about a SXS too. I agree with @Firemedic530, if you have a mixed group it's def not as fun.

I enjoyed our old TRX 300s, but the new Foreman/Rancher does nothing for me. It's soo big you can't throw it around like the little guys, so to me it's not any better than a SXS. I'm currently in the market for another dirt bike for times when I want to get a little wild or get a workout riding. I can see where a sport quad would be more fun too.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Got 2 grizzly 700s and a Prairie 400. Never crossed my mind to sell them. 2 very different types of riding and I still really enjoy both. Plus by my camp in the UP there's plenty of great trails that the P1k5 won't fit down.
I had a 91’ Kawasaki two wheel drive. My wife hated being on back. She didn’t like the Big Bear either. But she loves the comfort of the 500. Plus being able to talk. Some of my trails are a little ruff and sitting in is better than on. Haha. For me. The older you get , the SXS feels even better. Haha. I sold the bike to my nephew. It just sits in his garage. Hasn’t used it . My brother even had to rebuild the carburetor because he left the old gas in for three years. I regret selling it to him. It was a great little bike. Shaft drive. I couldn’t kill that bike. Haha. But he did. I should have kept it just for running around.
Caper

Reactions: 500oneer and sharp
B

Bandman45

Aug 5, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-2
I truly enjoyed my Foreman for many, many years in all seasons but I sold it just before I bought my 700. I honestly don't miss it at all and neither do the grandkids or my wife. Having fewer toys is liberating, also sold my Goldwing - - sure enjoyed it for thousands of miles but it's also fun to move onto new adventures!

J

Jade

Nov 10, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So it's my first year owning a SxS & have kept my Rubicon for spare in case of breakdown plowing. Also, I can haul Rubicon in pickup bed rather than trailer as an option. Yesterday was the first time I've even started it in months & had to pump gas through carburetor to start. Looking for opinions from people who have both SxS & ATV - should it stay or should it go. If my Labs could talk - I'm sure the ATV would already be gone....

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I kept my ATV for the 50 inch trails, use the pioneer for other stuff...use them both quite often. Guess it depends on needs and usage, my wife will always use the pioneer though...but like you my dogs have said to heck with the ATV I want to ride over there to hang my head out the side like a window.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I kept one on my atv's when I bought my first utv. For a spare or if a friend wanted to ride. I used it twice in that year. Once to find the dog and another time to look for a lost cell phone. I bought my honda 3months ago, sold my old RZR and now I'm listing the atv this week before its worth nothing. It needs a carburetor and a battery even though it was stored with treated gas and a battery tender. We are using that money plus what we have left over from the RZR sale and buying an RV.

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I truly enjoyed my Foreman for many, many years in all seasons but I sold it just before I bought my 700. I honestly don't miss it at all and neither do the grandkids or my wife. Having fewer toys is liberating, also sold my Goldwing - - sure enjoyed it for thousands of miles but it's also fun to move onto new adventures!
What year Goldwing did you have. I had a 1980 , 1100, it was the last year without anything on it, just the bike. My wife, then girlfriend, came out of Top Gun when it first came out. Were getting on the bike and the guy beside us was getting in his new Camero. We said how good the movie was and I left. The road home was divided highway. My girlfriend and I were going and the Camero pulled along side, and started to go up and back. My wife said, DON’T YOU DARE. Then wrapped her arms right and put her head in my back. Haha, she knew what was coming. Haha. The Camero pulled in front and as I looked over my shoulder, a Vett pulled along side the Camero and they took off, with me on the Camero’s ass. The Vett pulled in front of the Camero, and I looked over my shoulder and pulled out. The last time I looked down it was over 210 klms. So 100 klms is 60 miles an hour, so over120 miles an hour. I couldn’t let them think they could run with a bike. Haha. I’ve driven bikes since I was a kid. And that night I was glad I did. Yes and she still married me. Haha. And DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME. Haha.
Caper

Reactions: 500oneer and sharp
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
What year Goldwing did you have. I had a 1980 , 1100, it was the last year without anything on it, just the bike. My wife, then girlfriend, came out of Top Gun when it first came out. Were getting on the bike and the guy beside us was getting in his new Camero. We said how good the movie was and I left. The road home was divided highway. My girlfriend and I were going and the Camero pulled along side, and started to go up and back. My wife said, DON’T YOU DARE. Then wrapped her arms right and put her head in my back. Haha, she knew what was coming. Haha. The Camero pulled in front and as I looked over my shoulder, a Vett pulled along side the Camero and they took off, with me on the Camero’s ass. The Vett pulled in front of the Camero, and I looked over my shoulder and pulled out. The last time I looked down it was over 210 klms. So 100 klms is 60 miles an hour, so over120 miles an hour. I couldn’t let them think they could run with a bike. Haha. I’ve driven bikes since I was a kid. And that night I was glad I did. Yes and she still married me. Haha. And DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME. Haha.
Caper
That bike worked good. Gotta love a HONDA.
Caper

Reactions: sharp
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I kept my ATV for the 50 inch trails, use the pioneer for other stuff...use them both quite often. Guess it depends on needs and usage, my wife will always use the pioneer though...but like you my dogs have said to heck with the ATV I want to ride over there to hang my head out the side like a window.
I bought the 500 for the same reason. Can’t get past the poles on the Rails To Trails.
Caper

Reactions: Jade and sharp
B

Bandman45

Aug 5, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-2
Caper
I did the same thing with my Wing but I was alone. The Wing is so stealth like and I loved that, no loud pipes (been there done that) and the acceleration always made me smile, YES! Best bike I ever owned but I've aged out :)

Reactions: sharp and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
If you hunt (esp in the woods), I don't see how you could sell an ATV.
You buy a 500. Haha. My bike will go on any trail I could take the bike, and it’s more comfortable. My buddy in Alberta bought a SXS , he went with a Polaris Ranger. Nice but not a Honda. Haha. But he has a Honda Rubicon, I think, Honda 4x4, but since he bought the bike, just for a month of hunting a year. He hasn’t used the Honda at all. He has a ranch in southern Alberta and loves the SXS. Even if it’s a Polaris. Haha But another bike just sitting.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I did the same thing with my Wing but I was alone. The Wing is so stealth like and I loved that, no loud pipes (been there done that) and the acceleration always made me smile, YES! Best bike I ever owned but I've aged out :)
Haha, haven’t we all.
Caper

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Keep it. Fun to hop on the four wheeler every now and then. My mom uses mine around her farm so it gets used. Nice to know I have a backup if needed.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!