4-Wheeler/ATV - Do You Still Ride or Use Now You Have Pioneer 1000

J

JAMESDANIELS50

Nov 8, 2018
Lakeland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my Yamaha 450 after i bought my Pioneer 1000. The kids ride it and I use it around the house moving dirt and stuff like that. Ill keep mine

J

JAMESDANIELS50

Nov 8, 2018
Lakeland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20190202 125040

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We considered it but my wife wanted the 1000, because its far smoother where we are usually at...the 500 was pretty rough.
Most of the trails I go on would be hard to get a 1000 on. The 500 is good for arc trails. My brother with the RZR 800 was giving me crap about not being able to keep up to him haha. The only place I can’t keep up to him is on the big flat logging roads. And I said I have my truck for them. Then I said but his runs on a rubber band. Haha. He gets all defensive. Haha. I said if I had the money I’d buy a Talon and let’s see then. Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We kept the Rancher to round up cows with. The sxs is just not agile enough to round them up.
When I was a kid my relatives in Cape Breton had a dog named Bouser. That dog could understand English. Go get them in. Haha. Gone. Right on their hoofs. Boy they knew when he came in the field it was time to go to the barn. I was heart broken when one day we went to their place and Bouser wasn’t around. I called for him and an older cousin said he took him behind the barn and shot him. He was a work dog and he got hurt and couldn’t work. I get it but then I didn’t. They didn’t have a lot of money with like 13 kids. Life is hard for a farm dog.
Caper

Reactions: TimG and sharp
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We kept the Rancher to round up cows with. The sxs is just not agile enough to round them up.
Tennessee! My wife has a cousin she is very close with, just outside Nashville. Somewhere. She said after dark she answers the door with a .45 . Haha. Nice. I ain’t got a problem with that. I told her we would come down for the Pioneer rally
Caper

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
In the process of trying to get an ATV. Mainly for local parks and riding with the kids. Have no intentions of riding an ATV 100 miles a day in WV in anymore, but locally I do miss it.

D

DrMike

Dec 7, 2018
Conifer, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you hunt (esp in the woods), I don't see how you could sell an ATV.
I agree, yet here in Colorado, many trails will not allow a SXS, where a regular ATV can ride on those trails, and trust me the Forset service and CPW will enforce width restrictions with a hefty fine. I have a Sportsman 850, Grizz 700 for hunting. Both work well in the Colorado Rockies.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
In the process of trying to get an ATV. Mainly for local parks and riding with the kids. Have no intentions of riding an ATV 100 miles a day in WV in anymore, but locally I do miss it.
I agree, yet here in Colorado, many trails will not allow a SXS, where a regular ATV can ride on those trails, and trust me the Forset service and CPW will enforce width restrictions with a hefty fine. I have a Sportsman 850, Grizz 700 for hunting. Both work well in the Colorado Rockies.
Welcome from Nova Scotia DrMike. I Cape Breton there are poles in the middle of the big Snoemobile trails. It is 50” wide between both sides. My 500 Pioneer will make it through no problem. When the groomer comes through they have a key and remove the post to groom. I thought I saw that that is why everyone started making the 50” bikes, to be able to go on those trails. Probably a different state. But that sucks.
Caper

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
Honda1000-5

Honda1000-5

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2018
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Nova Scotia DrMike. I Cape Breton there are poles in the middle of the big Snoemobile trails. It is 50” wide between both sides. My 500 Pioneer will make it through no problem. When the groomer comes through they have a key and remove the post to groom. I thought I saw that that is why everyone started making the 50” bikes, to be able to go on those trails. Probably a different state. But that sucks.
Caper
Hello fellow Maritimer,I'm a Saint Johner now but grew up near Digby...welcome.

Reactions: sharp and Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!