Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have the Sedona ripsaws and they get through the 50" barriers just barely and in Colorado with the BLM and Forest Service being run by environmentalist's, trust me 50" is 50" not 50 1/8" or more. I was told that future barriers will be 52" because of the complaints. I had some people on bicycles tell me that they should be less than 50". Those are the same people that ride for free and don't have to license their bikes yet enjoy the same tails we do.
That's ridiculous, you can't put a 50" machine through a 50" hole without the risk of damage to one or the other. I've yet to go through any that didn't have about an inch on either side. Hopefully as you said they will change those that are actually 50". The idea is to keep 56", 60" and jeeps off the trails so 52" still serves the purpose. Say, you speak as though being an environmentalist, i.e., taking an interest in the preservation thereof is a matter of scorn??

Reactions: Mudder
J

JTW

That's ridiculous, you can't put a 50" machine through a 50" hole without the risk of damage to one or the other. I've yet to go through any that didn't have about an inch on either side. Hopefully as you said they will change those that are actually 50". The idea is to keep 56", 60" and jeeps off the trails so 52" still serves the purpose. Say, you speak as though being an environmentalist, i.e., taking an interest in the preservation thereof is a matter of scorn??
I think you're taking it wrong.. I saw it as more of a comment mirroring those that complain about hunting but do nothing to contribute to the betterment of wildlife. He's saying the cyclist are the same as the anti hunters.. They don't contribute funds but want to reap the rewards and limit those that do actually contribute.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think you're taking it wrong.. I saw it as more of a comment mirroring those that complain about hunting but do nothing to contribute to the betterment of wildlife. He's saying the cyclist are the same as the anti hunters.. They don't contribute funds but want to reap the rewards and limit those that do actually contribute.
I was referring to the comment that implied that the federal government only employs environmentalists to run the commons (public lands) and that it seems to be a negative to be an environmentalist. I wasn't speaking to the cyclist wishing to keep atv's/utv's off the trails. ;)

Reactions: Ona and JTW
J

JTW

I was referring to the comment that implied that the federal government only employs environmentalists to run the commons (public lands) and that it seems to be a negative to be an environmentalist. I wasn't speaking to the cyclist wishing to keep atv's/utv's off the trails. ;)
Got ya.. You should be more clear! Lol

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I ride alot of different
places, through out
the west....
Never seen a gate
exactly 50"
NEVER....
in New mexico
....Utah....Arizona
Colorado...Wyoming

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went to Lewis and Clark forest in MT and gates were 55" and some places had just two stones that you could drive around :)
My P500 53" , I'm loving MT :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I went to Lewis and Clark forest in MT and gates were 55" and some places had just two stones that you could drive around :)
My P500 53" , I'm loving MT :)
I love MT too! I think most restricted trailheads have the posts a few inches wider than 50".

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
How about we compromise and say.. Let's just not publicly post about it! We'd still be under British rule if some men didn't go against the grain!
Who's we? I was talking to trigger. :)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!