BOX1

P1000 66 MPH Golf Cart

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Great looking ride! I would like to see you chase P5's in the tight woods, I have hell with a stock width P1. HA!

that machine is the same width if not narrower than a p1-5. my machine is set up a little different

FB IMG 1495253969119

ill just have to catch them on the big end until i get my tree kickers

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Nothing, just alot of very vague profiles with like 2 posts joining just to smack talk the Pioneer, but never offer pics, details, or really alot of back and forth about whatever they are b****ing about.
You may be on to something.
But then I wouldn't be too surprised to find out Honda was paying a few people on here too.
Just sayin....

(FYI, I have multiple posts, pictures (even 3rd party pictures of me standing next to a stuck Pioneer) and I have posted a few useful tips (I think))

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
But then I wouldn't be too surprised to find out Honda was paying a few people on here too.
Just sayin....

(FYI, I have multiple posts, pictures (even 3rd party pictures of me standing next to a stuck Pioneer) and I have posted a few useful tips (I think))
That's how I could afford to buy mine! HA!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just sayin....

I'm positive Polaris has bought a few Pioneers, you're just another troll!

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
With the cable adjusted properly I still need to turn left and right at very low speed to go into and out of rear dif lock. 4WD goes in and out ok. The high speed bang will cause a failure. My Yamaha Rhino's were difficult to get into 4WD, my Kawasaki Teryx just as bad as the P1000. Turning left and right at low speed and sometimes I had to back up. The Pioneer will get better with the miles so I put it into and out of lockup often. The front dif is about the same so if I'm going to need 4WD dif lock I always engage it before I need. it.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My P-1K-3's latest problem is with my rear diff. While working on a dirt road my co-worker and I came across a muddy stretch. I decidid to switch from turf mode to 2WD. Diff locked up as it should but when we got back on dry dirt, it refused to unlock when I switched back to turf mode. Dash indicator showed diff unlocked but it clearly wasn't. I did the veer left/right/reverse dance to no avail. But we had work to do so off we rode with the diff locked. Then a few miles later while at 50 MPH... "BANG!!!" It broke loose. I stopped to see if the diff case broke or if fluids were leaking out anywhere. All looked ok. Then I wanted to see if maybe the diff commited suicide and sheared it's teeth so I put it 2WD again to test locking mechanism. Diff locked as it should. Switched back to turf mode and diff stayed locked until we got up to 50 MPH and then same thing happened again... "BANG!!!" My buddy and I looked at each other, furiously chuckling and shaking our heads. I wouldn't dare ever consider using 4WD after reading other posts about what happens! Well I've come to the harsh realization that my machine is basically a 66 MPH golf cart with a 7 hour driving range. It does go fast...I'll give it that. Luckily for me, the main purpose I bought it for is basically doing what a golf cart could do but faster and with a longer range between refueling (with a 5 gallon Jerry can of gasoline in the bed). I just wish it would be a machine that would serve more than that one purpose. I just feel sorry for people like farmers and such that need it to work reliably off road.
Adjust the cable and check your rear tires for same air pressure. Also check diff oils I've heard of some being very low.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Adjust the cable and check your rear tires for same air pressure. Also check diff oils I've heard of some being very low.
Will do. Meh...It's probably the cable adjustment. I'm an a****le when it comes to machines working perfectly. Wait till y'all see my dash heat mod! I think you guys will dig it. Waiting on parts but I'll post pics when done. (I'm one of those "gotta look like a factory designed part" dweebs.)

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Will do. Meh...It's probably the cable adjustment. I'm an a****le when it comes to machines working perfectly. Wait till y'all see my dash heat mod! I think you guys will dig it. Waiting on parts but I'll post pics when done. (I'm one of those "gotta look like a factory designed part" dweebs.)
And thank you!

J

Jshell3

When I go to 2wd lock from turf mode, the dash light indicator is slow to react but the transfer does lock (I know this because it eats my yard up in hard turns).

Then when I go back to turf mode w the lever, it's not instant (no matter what the dash lights say...)

HOWEVER, the fix for me is with the P, R, N, H, L lever, and NOT the turf/2wd lever.
If I wiggle the other lever right and left while in "H" or "R" or "L", the transfer case suddenly finds its way.

For what that's worth @0860silverado

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: moparornocar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So I stay in turf mode 90% of the time. And the few times I go to 2wd lock, the dash is slow to react but the diff does lock. Then back to turf and sure enough... that won't happen instantly (no matter what the dash lights say...)

HOWEVER, the fix is with the transmission lever, NOT the differential lever. If I wiggle the Transmission lever right and left while in "H" or "R" or "L", the differential suddenly finds its way.

For what that's worth @0860silverado
What?

J

Jshell3

@Plumber32 @lee @Smitty335 @ohanacreek @Plongson

I, too, have noticed the influx of 1 post wonders hate'n on Honda... I've been suspicious. (not @0860silverado, tho. He's a legit Pioneer owner, no doubt... maybe not a happy one - something more like a Crow.)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!