P1000 66 MPH Golf Cart

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My P-1K-3's latest problem is with my rear diff. While working on a dirt road my co-worker and I came across a muddy stretch. I decided to switch from turf mode to 2WD. Diff locked up as it should but when we got back on dry dirt, it refused to unlock when I switched back to turf mode. Dash indicator showed diff unlocked but it clearly wasn't. I did the veer left/right/reverse dance to no avail. But we had work to do so off we rode with the diff locked. Then a few miles later while at 50 MPH... "BANG!!!" It broke loose. I stopped to see if the diff case broke or if fluids were leaking out anywhere. All looked ok. Then I wanted to see if maybe the diff commited suicide and sheared it's teeth so I put it 2WD again to test locking mechanism. Diff locked as it should. Switched back to turf mode and diff stayed locked until we got up to 50 MPH and then same thing happened again... "BANG!!!" My buddy and I looked at each other, furiously chuckling and shaking our heads. I wouldn't dare ever consider using 4WD after reading other posts about what happens! Well I've come to the harsh realization that my machine is basically a 66 MPH golf cart with a 7 hour driving range. It does go fast...I'll give it that. Luckily for me, the main purpose I bought it for is basically doing what a golf cart could do but faster and with a longer range between refueling (with a 5 gallon Jerry can of gasoline in the bed). I just wish it would be a machine that would serve more than that one purpose. I just feel sorry for people like farmers and such that need it to work reliably off road.

Last edited:
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't know if I would go that far.

Your cable probably just needs a little adjustment. Mine would do that when the adjustment was right on the edge. It was enough for the sensor to read but not enough to completely disengage it. Probably just one turn on the rear cable nut would get you were you need to be.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
But... If you spend some time and work out the kinks you'll find it's a great machine
I'm trying brother! Lord knows I'm trying! And I am making progress. It's just every time I think I'm getting all the kinks worked out, something else crops up and pisses in my Cheerios. If you don't mind me asking, why "don't use the dump bed"?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are a lot of things the rice burners failed to consider. Still like mine though.

Reactions: moparornocar
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dump bed is mostly a gimmic, loaded and you'll be shoveling or just unloading it by hand. The dump is nice though for washing out what was in it last...I have a much better way to haul and dump...
20160811 142552

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
What's with all these noobs just showing up to talk s***, is Polaris finally getting worried enough about the competition to start paying people to troll the forums?

....why??....What have you heard???

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Nothing, just alot of very vague profiles with like 2 posts joining just to smack talk the Pioneer, but never offer pics, details, or really alot of back and forth about whatever they are b****ing about.
Well when I first posted, you would thought I was trolling, my clutch had just gone out with a 165 miles on it and I was ready to take it back and get my money back. I was pissed! But Heartland and Honda sorted the failure out, took a week 7 days, I'm a happy camper now, except for the heat, I'll get around to fixing that as soon as someone feels sorry for me and does the wiring and second battery, HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Huh! Not a bad idea...this the internet after all and nothing would surprise me.
Used to be on a Bow site and the trolling was crazy, all over which bow you shoot. I've got a sticker on Rooster that says Wag More, Bark Less

Reactions: moparornocar

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
the only thing i can think about after reading the title is this...

Dude... that is hilarious!!! But no way those really have 2jz on 'em. A 2jz is a big straight six. I can't see where there is enough room. Some really good video/audio editing going on there. It does make for a wild and funny video though!

Reactions: Eltobgi

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What's with all these noobs just showing up to talk s***, is Polaris finally getting worried enough about the competition to start paying people to troll the forums?
Nope...Nothin but the facts sir. As far as I know, this isn't a fanboy only site. It's a place where people can post their findings about their machines, good and bad, and others can chime in and hopefully offer solutions. It also helps the owner community discover if there is a design flaw that shows up on most or all machines so Honda can make improvements, or if it's a rare fluke that requires no upgrade. If my brand new $18,000.00 machine has issues, I'm gonna share them here.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Nothing, just alot of very vague profiles with like 2 posts joining just to smack talk the Pioneer, but never offer pics, details, or really alot of back and forth about whatever they are b****ing about.

im just messing with you, i drive a polaris and havent gotten my check yet was all lol.

I try to stay out of talking people into one machine or another because they are the only person that will know what is best for their budget and needs. I joined this forum because i have a buddy that owns a pioneer. I have gone on a few rides, including the takeover, and the guys on here are awesome. I offer as much support as i can for people who ask without going too far out of my familiarity. I know im behind enemy lines and try to ruffle the least amount of feathers as i can.

With all that being said. it sounds like @0806silverado needs something like this if he is looking for the best of both worlds and budget allows. 1000 polaris ranger with power steering lifted with long travel kit and 32" carnivores. you will keep your dump bed but have the clearance and suspension more similar to a sport SxS. you still have work and turf mode to lock the rear end however it will have the polaris front diff instead of a locker like the pioneer.

20170513 120147

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
not to try and pull anyone to the dark side at all either, i have seen pioneers do things that i never thought they could.. for what its worth.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
im just messing with you, i drive a polaris and havent gotten my check yet was all lol.

I try to stay out of talking people into one machine or another because they are the only person that will know what is best for their budget and needs. I joined this forum because i have a buddy that owns a pioneer. I have gone on a few rides, including the takeover, and the guys on here are awesome. I offer as much support as i can for people who ask without going too far out of my familiarity. I know im behind enemy lines and try to ruffle the least amount of feathers as i can.

With all that being said. it sounds like @0806silverado needs something like this if he is looking for the best of both worlds and budget allows. 1000 polaris ranger with power steering lifted with long travel kit and 32" carnivores. you will keep your dump bed but have the clearance and suspension more similar to a sport SxS. you still have work and turf mode to lock the rear end however it will have the polaris front diff instead of a locker like the pioneer.

View attachment 48655
Great looking ride! I would like to see you chase P5's in the tight woods, I have hell with a stock width P1. HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!