P1000 66 MPH Golf Cart

J

Jshell3

I've noticed that my dash light indicator and what's - for real - happening in the transfer case don't always jive. I've probably got a cable out of adj.

But oddly, when I wiggle the forward neutral reverse lever (it's got right/left slop - spring like tension) it seems to instantly jump to my intended Turf/2wd/4wd setting.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

Tl.DR Try moving the "other" lever side to side while in "High range" or "Reverse" and see if that doesn't fix your getting in and out of turf mode problem @0860silverado

Last edited by a moderator:
tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
I suppose this is the reason Honda came out with I drive because they couldn't get the manual shifter to work right. Time to trade your 1000's in on the LE models.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I suppose this is the reason Honda came out with I drive because they couldn't get the manual shifter to work right. Time to trade your 1000's in on the LE models.
Rear diff lock will be the same. There aren't many problems with shifting from 4wd-4wd loc unless just adjustment, that can be on the fly.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've noticed that my dash light indicator and what's - for real - happening in the transfer case don't always jive. I've probably got a cable out of adj.

But oddly, when I wiggle the forward neutral reverse lever (it's got right/left slop - spring like tension) it seems to instantly jump to my intended Turf/2wd/4wd setting.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

Tl.DR Try moving the "other" lever side to side while in "High range" or "Reverse" and see if that doesn't fix your getting in and out of turf mode problem @0860silverado
Hey thanks man! I'll try that!

Reactions: Jshell3
TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had mine up to100 mph in turf mode and still had throttle so it's actually a really fast golf cart!!! LOL!

M

matt33

Jun 4, 2016
NE PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Are they in kph I thought mine says mph
The speedometer reads in MPH, but the Pioneer 1000 won't go anywhere near 100 MPH. With stock tires, mine will go in the mid 60's.

Reactions: JTW
TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Checked it is mph unless my speedometer is that far off that's what it said I was on a long asphalt road maybe Honda messed up and didn't govern mine down

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Checked it is mph unless my speedometer is that far off that's what it said I was on a long asphalt road maybe Honda messed up and didn't govern mine down
Or maybe Honda messed up and dropped a CBR1000RR engine in your Pioneer. Mistakes do happen.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!