P700 700-2 vs 700-D vs 700-4

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
That’s all it’s got 34 mph?! Or you saying the tranny doesn’t get into 3rd till there abouts 34 mph???
It hits third around there but that’s as fast as I usually can take it, then I run out of runway. I hit 43 MPH down the road a couple times and that’s where it tops out. I’m like you, and prefer the utility. With the 700-4, the three or four seat combo adds a bigger versatility. Haul wood, junk, kids, dogs or whatever. It’s cool looking back at my 8 YO, buckled in with his little man moto helmet on just smiling away. Whichever model you choose, you’ll be happy.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
It hits third around there but that’s as fast as I usually can take it, then I run out of runway. I hit 43 MPH down the road a couple times and that’s where it tops out. I’m like you, and prefer the utility. With the 700-4, the three or four seat combo adds a bigger versatility. Haul wood, junk, kids, dogs or whatever. It’s cool looking back at my 8 YO, buckled in with his little man moto helmet on just smiling away. Whichever model you choose, you’ll be happy.

Oh I want be getting rid of my P5 anytime soon if ever!! Love it to much. To good of a little machine to part ways with it!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don’t disagree with you at all, I think it depends on what you are using it for though. I feel like my 700 will do everything I need to do and has performed well so far. Having said that, I feel like the low range would greatly increase the capability of the 700 and even make it more popular.
I wouldn’t ever have parted with mine had it been that it had a low range in it.

H

Hondarider203

Nov 13, 2018
Farmdale ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I use seafoam in the gas no tender get everything all cleaned up pack it away for winter mowers wheeler golf cart and what not. Come spring fire it up run each machine around for a little bit pull it in and do an oil change and go through it before the warm season comes been doing this for 10 years or so seems to work well for me. Wont be putting the pioneer in hibernation but do have brand new and older honda wheelers and have never had an issue. Hope this helps

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
ive tried hauling a full load of maple in it and stopping at a log or in a ditch, always goes,just slips a little and revs like any auto truck or car, really doubt you are hurting anything. thats why they use that trans. i just wish it had another od gear so when i was following the other quads at 40-45 it wasent turning so many rpm, seems like it has a ton of low end and that would save on wear and gas. but its not big enough gripe to sell it, also have never wanted to be able to manually shift it, you can pretty well control it with the gas, and speed for whatever you are coming up on

Last edited:
Reactions: Noob and Mudwing
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
So would one say this transmission is better in deluxe form vs the standard?? For the simple fact to hold the gears longer??
I stay in auto most of the time but the paddles are nice to hold 1st on long steep up hill climbs. I enjoy having the option.

Reactions: Mudwing and HP5NC
H

HondaTech

For me, power steering is the only deluxe feature I'd want. Wheels don't appeal to me at all, unless it serves a purpose (beadlock or larger size), color choice is cool but that's something that can be changed later.

If I were to get a 700 today i'd get a 700-4 incase I needed to haul more than 1 other person, install a power steering kit and be content.

But I'd never buy a 700 anyway, and until I see the Talon, the 500 is my model of choice.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
well thats why there are many choices, i sat in the 500 as did my 12 yr old and it felt quite cramped width and height wise, i couldnt comfortably use the gas but no locker and room for storage for trail stuff like food and straps and stuff were all negatives the 700 has way more room, NEED a locker here, dumping bed with big capacity for wood i haul alot, a ton more storage under the hood and glove box. 700-2 isnt much bigger really, but way better for my needs. could care less about eps really, my rhino didnt have it, had big tires on that and this one and still steers fine. i figured if it didnt i could add it later but still not a problem even for my daughter who drives it occasionally

Reactions: Backwoods and HP5NC
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I gotta say the more I read and reviews and looking at the 700-2 I really like it. Eeapcially the pricing that you can get a base model for when compared to my P5. I’m staying with my P5 and really like it and enjoy it. But sometimes now I wonder should I have gotten a 700

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I gotta say the more I read and reviews and looking at the 700-2 I really like it. Eeapcially the pricing that you can get a base model for when compared to my P5. I’m staying with my P5 and really like it and enjoy it. But sometimes now I wonder should I have gotten a 700

Both are great machines for different reasons. If you really want a 700, make it happen. Life’s too short to be unhappy.

Reactions: Backwoods and HP5NC
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Both are great machines for different reasons. If you really want a 700, make it happen. Life’s too short to be unhappy.

I couldn’t agree more with that statement. I’m not unhappy by any means with my 500. I love it quite well actually! And if I were unhappy with it I better find a way to get happy with it lol would be a heck of a ruckus in my household if not. It was bad enough when I traded for the P5 LOL

Reactions: Mudwing
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the 700-4 so I could haul my wife and son with me. The p5 is awesome, you can really go some places in the woods. If I still had my p5, I could have drove all the way up to where my hunting partner shot his deer this year. Instead I had to get out and walk another 300 yds. They are all great machines, I still wish I would have bought the 1000-5 though.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I bought the 700-4 so I could haul my wife and son with me. The p5 is awesome, you can really go some places in the woods. If I still had my p5, I could have drove all the way up to where my hunting partner shot his deer this year. Instead I had to get out and walk another 300 yds. They are all great machines, I still wish I would have bought the 1000-5 though.

Yeah the 700-4 and 1000-5 are very versatile with the seating design. Only thing I hate about them is the way Honda did the roof line. I hate that devit behind the front rear portion of the roll cage going back over the rear seats and bed. Should have just made it a straight line.

Only reason I’ll get rid of my 500 or even add another machine is if the family grows. Got one son an another baby on the way. Wife doesn’t really ride that much just around the house an down through the back woods. So for now the P5 is perfect.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah the 700-4 and 1000-5 are very versatile with the seating design. Only thing I hate about them is the way Honda did the roof line. I hate that devit behind the front rear portion of the roll cage going back over the rear seats and bed. Should have just made it a straight line.

Only reason I’ll get rid of my 500 or even add another machine is if the family grows. Got one son an another baby on the way. Wife doesn’t really ride that much just around the house an down through the back woods. So for now the P5 is perfect.
My wife hardly ever rode with me when I had the p500, now she goes everywhere with me since buying the 700.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!