P500 A 48" box holds a humpback A5

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
Jshell you got pics of how you mounted it? Not sure if I want to do U bolts or not

J

Jshell3

Jshell you got pics of how you mounted it? Not sure if I want to do U bolts or not
Here's some pics. Basically, Ubolts on the 2 corners, ground down to the tops of the nuts. Rubber washers. Black paint.
Then I tied the box to the rack w 1" spacers. And of course the rack is bolted down the the rack... So it all comes full circle.
Oh, I bought some of the automotive heat/sound insulation $40 Amazon. Cut a 6.5" strip and put it inside the box to cover soften and pad it all down. Looks clean and finished.

Image Image Image Image Image

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
Here's some pics. Basically, Ubolts on the 2 corners, ground down to the tops of the nuts. Rubber washers. Black paint.
Then I tied the box to the rack w 1" spacers. And of course the rack is bolted down the the rack... So it all comes full circle.
Oh, I bought some of the automotive heat/sound insulation $40 Amazon. Cut a 6.5" strip and put it inside the box to cover soften and pad it all down. Looks clean and finished.

View attachment 19022 View attachment 19023 View attachment 19024 View attachment 19025 View attachment 19026

I got some old nat gear waders that would be perfect for the bottom
Of the toolBox!

Reactions: Jshell3 and solrus
lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I learned it from watching you, ok!?!

I was just practicing, today, and this 12 ga is (currently) the longest shotgun I own... I know a soft case or gun sock is needed, but lockable, dry storage... Squirrel hunting just got real.

View attachment 18631

This is a great idea! I was wondering if you had done this enough to perfect it? Is putting in in a soft case enough to pad it and stabilize it from being tossed around?

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

This is a great idea! I was wondering if you had done this enough to perfect it? Is putting in in a soft case enough to pad it and stabilize it from being tossed around?
Absolutely. Works great. Stuff clothing or your hunting bag around any empty spaces. Keep your scope pointed up. But yes, it works very good!

Reactions: lonewolf
lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Many thanks, I really like the idea of being able to lock it in the box too. Out of sight, and locked in the toolbox.

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!