BOX1

P700 A-Arm guards

M

Manleydawg08

Mar 8, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Picked theses up today on eBay. Anyone have these. Impressed with quality thinking they might have to much coverage . Anyone know if they trimmed. When I just do a quick look , they appear to be a tad long and might rub the wheel. Before I mount them just curious if anyone has tried them? Thanks

IMG 0136

USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
Too long? Concerned they might rub before you mount?

Hold them in place. Get someone to jump around in the cab. If the rubber meets the metal, grind 'em off a bit.

M

Manleydawg08

Mar 8, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Too long? Concerned they might rub before you mount?

Hold them in place. Get someone to jump around in the cab. If the rubber meets the metal, grind 'em off a bit.
Well I've held in place and had son turn wheel. I guess I'll mount where supposed to and drive her. If it's rubbing it will mark up the rim. Then will grind

USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I've held in place and had son turn wheel. I guess I'll mount where supposed to and drive her. If it's rubbing it will mark up the rim. Then will grind

Turn far right/left. Then have someone with some WEIGHT bounce. You should find out for sure, then.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
M

Manleydawg08

Mar 8, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
IMG 0160 IMG 0159

So with a little bit of challenge and another set of hands and ramps . I got them on. WOW . They fit nice and kept brake shields on.

Ratchetdan

Ratchetdan

Apr 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 0137 IMG 0138 IMG 0140 IMG 0141 Found these on eBay for $130 with free shipping (to Alaska) and have to say I'm impressed with the quality, fit and finish. Highly recommend them!

Ratchetdan

Ratchetdan

Apr 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
My A Arm Guards need holes like that. They were caked w mud. A water hose was no match. I have to dig it out manually.

Haven't had them in any sticky mud yet but will update after this weekend. We should find some nasty stuff for sure!

Last edited:
B

bdk437

May 11, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bought a set and received them but no install instructions... I'm hoping it will be obvious which one goes where.

Ratchetdan

Ratchetdan

Apr 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bought a set and received them but no install instructions... I'm hoping it will be obvious which one goes where.

They're pretty straight forward. The ones with the slots go to the rear facing rearward. You have to drill 1/4" holes in the A-arm braces (3 each up front, 1 each for rears). Be careful with tightening the fronts by the wheels. If you 'over tighten them, they'll flex the 'wings' by the wheels causing them to rub a little on the inside of 12" rims on hard right or left turns.

B

bdk437

May 11, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
They're pretty straight forward. The ones with the slots go to the rear facing rearward. You have to drill 1/4" holes in the A-arm braces (3 each up front, 1 each for rears). Be careful with tightening the fronts by the wheels. If you 'over tighten them, they'll flex the 'wings' by the wheels causing them to rub a little on the inside of 12" rims on hard right or left turns.

Thank you! Appreciate your follow up.
I was a little taken back that you must drill into the arm. Figured it might diminish the integrity.... but I guess not.
Thanks again!

B

bdk437

May 11, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you! Appreciate your follow up.
I was a little taken back that you must drill into the arm. Figured it might diminish the integrity.... but I guess not.
Thanks again!
I also found out you must remove the rubber brake boot which I'm going to try to avoid.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
buy EMP no drilling the A-arms.Easy on and off.Easy to keep cleaned out

Theron

Theron

Sep 30, 2013
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
buy EMP no drilling the A-arms.Easy on and off.Easy to keep cleaned out
They wanted over $80 to ship to Alaska. Called and asked if they could use a flat rate box that I know is big enough and cost $18, responded that they could do $66 through usps? Went to SSS offroad online $85 to ship and little higher price but UHMW vs aluminum so much better product in my opinion, Called SSS asked about flat rate box, they said they could do it and charged me $15 for shipping. Should be here next week hopefully.

UPDATE: I notice on the box it actually cost around $35 to ship, so I emailed SSS and offered to pay the difference as I didn't want them to come out of pocket, just didn't want to pay more than necessary for shipping. They told me don't worry about it, now they know what it cost to ship to AK. The A-Arm guards are really nice the only slight problem was the bends were all different angles which did not hinder installation just looked weird, but easily remedied with a heat gun and a little tweaking. Overall, very happy with the product and service.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!