P500 A-ARM KIT ?

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Trying to decide on an a arm kit for my p5. Need about an inch clearance from my wheel well.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
There are two shops making forward arms, outKast and Dirty's. Going from memory here, dirtys only move forward about 1.75 and have a little lift on the shock mount. The Outkast is a 3" forward.

D

Duckhunt

There are two shops making forward arms, outKast and Dirty's. Going from memory here, dirtys only move forward about 1.75 and have a little lift on the shock mount. The Outkast is a 3" forward.
Hey @pFive you ever remove a stock arm "bushing" to see if making our own with a floating insert is easily doable?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Be careful dealing with outkast. I know a few guys that have been screwed by them, and I know a few more that have dealt with them and swear they will never deal with them again just because of the fact that they dont answer emails and phone calls and dont seem to care about communication with the customer. That was a few years ago. Maybe things have changed. Also, @jak9922 builds extended a-arms kits that uses P700 axles I believe. Check him out. His machine looks awesome.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Hey @pFive you ever remove a stock arm "bushing" to see if making our own with a floating insert is easily doable?
I have not touched my buggy in a while, the next time I am in there I am just going to order the bushing kit from SATV. I believe the OE bushings will be need to be pressed out with a cutter, so they would not survive.

EDIT: I was going to make some myself, but with the cost of UMHW and then making the steel bushing liner it is nearly worth while to pay a bit more and just buy them.

D

Duckhunt

I agree 100% that's what I should have stated. That is/was my plan just to buy them or pay someone that can do it easily and precise. At my last job I had free reign to their lathes and could get UHMW at cost but those days are over.

One thing I'm very curious is the inner bore of the metal tube of the control arms. It should be smooth steel, but I'm sort of curious if the rubber bushings are injection molded to the arm and insert in a single process and not pressed in. I'd seriously doubt it but I've been wrong before.

I would like to do the rears as well, as soon as my upper "outer" rear shock mounts get cut I'm going to finally finish the complete air shock mod.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
clearance with 28s
Imagejpeg 011
20181221 115707

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I can't find any info on Dirty's, only Outkast and it's a FB link? Where can I find info?

Reactions: Bastardchild
advertisement
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I can't find any info on Dirty's, only Outkast and it's a FB link? Where can I find info?
It's pretty much all facebook, you may want to ask on one of the group pages...I did not save any bookmark or anything, sorry.

Reactions: trigger
advertisement