P500 A-ARM KIT ?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@maddmax sorry about hijacking your thread. Would you happen to have a ridin dirty website address or anything? Ive tried looking them up but only find clothing companies. Im curious to read up on them.

C

Chooglin

@maddmax sorry about hijacking your thread. Would you happen to have a ridin dirty website address or anything? Ive tried looking them up but only find clothing companies. Im curious to read up on them.
It looks like they make a pretty nice product too.

Screenshot 2019 01 10 06 30 55 Screenshot 2019 01 10 06 31 11 Screenshot 2019 01 10 06 31 21

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I like those, they look great, and move it forward 1.75", that would work... However every-time I ask about 3" forward they shut me down with a response about "Axle bind", but it is interesting how the front axle (when stock) points rearward already, and if you only add that 1.75 the axle may be pointing straight out. I figured if they could move the axle forward as much as it was leaning backward (and do the opposite on the rears) I could get that wheelbase I wanted for hill climbing. Some mention how there is an interference issue, but Outkast has 3" forward arms?

advertisement
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I like those, they look great, and move it forward 1.75", that would work... However every-time I ask about 3" forward they shut me down with a response about "Axle bind", but it is interesting how the front axle (when stock) points rearward already, and if you only add that 1.75 the axle may be pointing straight out. I figured if they could move the axle forward as much as it was leaning backward (and do the opposite on the rears) I could get that wheelbase I wanted for hill climbing. Some mention how there is an interference issue, but Outkast has 3" forward arms?
its not axle bind i already answered that question for you. you run into clearance problems with the drive side lower front arm mount. so you have 2 options 1 no lift and move them forward or 2 lift and 1.5-2" foward

Reactions: Eltobgi
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
its not axle bind i already answered that question for you. you run into clearance problems with the drive side lower front arm mount. so you have 2 options 1 no lift and move them forward or 2 lift and 1.5-2" foward
But, the other brand does it? (And I don't need a lift, that does just bind stuff up as it is rarely done properly)

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
also outkasts new arms are forward only no lift ( or very minimum)

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
they give you a bracket to angle lift your front diff to clear the lower mounts but there has been some issues with shock mount location where the axle still hits that mount

Reactions: Mudder and pFive
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Those are not a bad deal, heck the SATV bushing kit is $90, I wonder what type of bushing material they have and if they are TIG welded?

Reactions: trigger
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
they give you a bracket to angle lift your front diff to clear the lower mounts but there has been some issues with shock mount location where the axle still hits that mount

Do the outkast hit the axle when fully extended? That sounds like a hassle if so, you would need to run some limit straps for sure, still...I want the machine to be 6" longer for spooky hills. :)

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Do the outkast hit the axle when fully extended? That sounds like a hassle if so, you would need to run some limit straps for sure, still...I want the machine to be 6" longer for spooky hills. :)
yes on full extension the ones ive seen could be solve moving the lower shock mount out 1/8 -1/4". this is why i only moved my kits to clear the lower bolt but i did move my rears back but not to much to make it look stuipd with the fenders

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!