P700 A little lost and need help

S

Stevtanc

Mar 18, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi Folks

I live outside Charlotte, NC. A month ago I purchased a 2017 P700-4 deluxe I'm enjoying the information on the forums and its a lot to take in all at once.

The family and I took a trip to Windrock TN this weekend and I found a few things that I had been thinking about have been confirmed.

I would like to venture into a better riding machine it seems too soft and its bottoming out and I'm feeling a bit tippy.

It would also be nice to have a radio builtin and a light bar.

All these items together seem a bit overwhelming to make all these decisions together. I'm recognizing that a lot of people here have already been down the road that I'm on now and worked through these decisions and purchases. I think what I am really looking for is a mentor, someone smarter then myself to leap frog my ignorance.

Reactions: Mudwing and SWB
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi Folks

I live outside Charlotte, NC. A month ago I purchased a 2017 P700-4 deluxe I'm enjoying the information on the forums and its a lot to take in all at once.

The family and I took a trip to Windrock TN this weekend and I found a few things that I had been thinking about have been confirmed.

I would like to venture into a better riding machine it seems too soft and its bottoming out and I'm feeling a bit tippy.

It would also be nice to have a radio builtin and a light bar.

All these items together seem a bit overwhelming to make all these decisions together. I'm recognizing that a lot of people here have already been down the road that I'm on now and worked through these decisions and purchases. I think what I am really looking for is a mentor, someone smarter then myself to leap frog my ignorance.

Hey. Welcome ot the club.

Which side of Charlotte are you on? I'm about 45m west.

This crew will surely help with any questions.

Take your time and dont jump into it. Add things as you find a need.

Light bar will put the OEM headlights to shame. Many are running the RoughCountey but there are many good brands out there. The ol amazon specials will work too and be an improvement but compaired to the RC or other name brand they are junk.
A 12 or 14" in the front bumper will be impressive and most likley want require a relay.

Any other shocks will be a great improvement. I think many are upgrading to the canam shocks. Even putting spring spacers on the fronts helps. If you really want nice. Walker Evan's is the way to go.

Someone else will need to help with a radio as that's not my thing.

Well.
Ask away.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Own a 17 700-4 deluxe . I have done the can am shock up grade, a cheep way to get a couple inches of lift and a gigantic upgrade in ride. The stock tires will let you down quickly as the side walls are paper thin so look at better tires . A wench is a must along with a better skid pan . If your handy with tools you can cut a better pan out of hmmm say a road sign :) use the stock one for a pattern better option although bit expensive is a YHMW one you can buy. Hope this helps with your questions .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Been to Winrock many times it's pretty rough. Can Am Commander Shocks , good skids , wheel spacers or different offset wheels and a good 27 inch tire will make your ride much more enjoyable.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think me and cyber junk typed the same thing at the same time. As far as a radio ,l just bought a good Bluetooth speaker and use spotify although some on here have some real nice systems in theirs.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think me and cyber junk typed the same thing at the same time. As far as a radio ,l just bought a good Bluetooth speaker and use spotify although some on here have some real nice systems in theirs.
what bluetooth did you buy?

Reactions: Mudwing
Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought a Sony weather proof it's a great speaker but I think I may go with a JBL next time . It's plenty loud and it sounds good. I put it on roll cage on the top bar behind use . It's out of the way there

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Don't invest to much in the 700. It's a good. SxS but it hits it's lements real fast. Add a few things on it put some miles on it then upgrade to a 1000 talon or pioneer. Just be my opinion.

Bluehammer

Bluehammer

May 4, 2018
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4

+1 on the Bluetooth speaker. I mounted mine via a Camera tripod attachement to the rollbar

Reactions: Backwoods
S

Stevtanc

Mar 18, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm over by concord mills.

I've got a family of 4 two young ones that I may turn the 700 over to when they are older and buy a P1000-3 for myself.

I'm chatting with a local guy about some 27" bighorns right now. You are right about the paper thin side wall on the stock tires. I punctured the sidewall this weekend.

I was thinking about buying the 30" Sirius light bar here on this site but it mentions a waterproof switch option and I can not figure out how to choose that one. I also like the lifetime warranty.

The CanAm shock I was reading about and sounds like a good alternative to save $1k but finding them and installing them concerns me as I'm not that swift :)

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maybe contact a couple of dealers, Craigslist or sometimes there could be a set on here in the buy/ sell thread. On the bighorn make sure they are not 4 ply factory takeoffs.

S

Stevtanc

Mar 18, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey. Welcome ot the club.

Which side of Charlotte are you on? I'm about 45m west.

This crew will surely help with any questions.

Take your time and dont jump into it. Add things as you find a need.

Light bar will put the OEM headlights to shame. Many are running the RoughCountey but there are many good brands out there. The ol amazon specials will work too and be an improvement but compaired to the RC or other name brand they are junk.
A 12 or 14" in the front bumper will be impressive and most likley want require a relay.

Any other shocks will be a great improvement. I think many are upgrading to the canam shocks. Even putting spring spacers on the fronts helps. If you really want nice. Walker Evan's is the way to go.

Someone else will need to help with a radio as that's not my thing.

Well.
Ask away.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Where are you riding? I've been to Broken Nut and Carolina Adventure and WindRock. Looking for some other spots.

S

Stevtanc

Mar 18, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Maybe contact a couple of dealers, Craigslist or sometimes there could be a set on here in the buy/ sell thread. On the bighorn make sure they are not 4 ply factory takeoffs.

They were the stock tires. Is it was to put a 27" tire on a 12" rim or maybe it does not matter?

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
They were the stock tires. Is it was to put a 27" tire on a 12" rim or maybe it does not matter?

I’m running 27” on 12” rims . Black water evo’s. 8 ply . I like them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was trying to ask about putting 27" tires on a 12" rim versus a 14" rim. Is there much difference in having a higher sidewall?
More cushion for the pushing but more roll on turns with the bigger sidewall.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've never noticed any roll although I'm sure it does some . I'll go with more cushion for the pushing on the rocky trails. 27 x 10 x 12
20190517 142702

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
in theory you would have better handling, but i dont know if theres that much difference really, i had 14in ss wheels 27 xtrs on my can am and they were about 50lbs, slows you down and that to me is worse. the only way i would buy another set would be if i wanted a size i couldnt get on 12. they do ride better and the stock wheels dont stick out so you get covered in mud.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!