P1000 A-pillar pod light brackets

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had no problem mounting these: Nighlights

Used a longer bolt with a spacer sleeve (you could stack washers) to elevated the light and then that replaces the bolt just in front of the windshield. The light is then slid sideways into position and the rear bolt tightened.

20211017 113101

Reactions: Buggyman and Lady01
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey there friend
Was it a little nerve racking drilling on the glass? Just wondering if you had to be concerned about it cracking.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk
I am machinist by trade so I have a little experience but it really drills pretty easily. It is more of a lexan product vs an acrylic which makes it more forgiving. I just used a step type bit that works to keep it from grabbing into the plastic. Even the cheapy Harbor Freight bits work pretty well.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
I am machinist by trade so I have a little experience but it really drills pretty easily. It is more of a lexan product vs an acrylic which makes it more forgiving. I just used a step type bit that works to keep it from grabbing into the plastic. Even the cheapy Harbor Freight bits work pretty well.

Thanks, I think I have a few of those bits laying around. I like your mounting solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
I actually run a Cabelas double gun case across my front rack so the brackets actually move the lights above that too. View attachment 312577

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Nice!! That is just a whole lot of cold and snow!!!! You can keep it! We’ve been pretty mild here in the east side/middle of the mitten. I’m good with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01 and tjoreo
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I actually run a Cabelas double gun case across my front rack so the brackets actually move the lights above that too. View attachment 312577

damn that picture makes me cold just looking at it. all that caked on snow plus chains looks serious :)

Reactions: Lady01
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sure with any wheel and tire you'll get that with tire chains, the chains slice through the snow and the snow gets packed in the wheels
Could have been part of the adventure from the day before. I happened to find a hole on the desert big enough to hide my rig in. When it finally swallowed me up, the front tires were 8 inches off the ground with your belly pan design holding my rig up with snow. 2 hours of shoveling and she finally drove out. I will say these rigs chained up are tanks if they can touch the ground. If they are sitting on a snow pile they are as heavy as cargo ship anchors. Needless to say I have a spot on my OnX that says 'No Parking'.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
damn that picture makes me cold just looking at it. all that caked on snow plus chains looks serious :)
That was a late season elk hunt I just got done with on New Years. 30 minutes before the sun was shining when I missed my chance at 5 bulls. It was actually pretty lucky because this ground blizzard rolled in and made it MISERABLE. My little buddy heater got a work out and we had to use a game bag to reduce the snow filling the cab where the windshield comes together.

• Wow
Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sure with any wheel and tire you'll get that with tire chains, the chains slice through the snow and the snow gets packed in the wheels
Yea that's it. I see after zooming in on pic

Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman
Biggun150

Biggun150

Oct 13, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This is what I used. Sells them on fb and ebay.
Will these work for pods too?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!