BOX1

P500 About replacing stock Tires and Rims P5

C

Chooglin

That would be awesome, and maybe a side pic.
I hope this helps , I took them real quick.............it's damn cold out there :)

20180105 155001 20180105 155123 20180105 155239

I

IttyBittyFitty

Dec 19, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thx chooglin, looks good. I can relate about the cold weather. It's getting really old.

Reactions: Chooglin
RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
When I bought mine the consensus was 26" tires and 5+2 12" wheels. If doing it again I would research 14" wheels and 27" tires. As for brand, determine what you ride most and get a tread pattern suited for that. Consensus says BH's or the like for sand and Rip Saws or the like for mud. As for tire widths, I run 9's in front and 11's in rear. I have a spare that is a 9" and will fit front or back just to get me home, can't rotate though.
Let us know what you decide and how they work out for you.
Hey Trigger,
Took your advice, stayed with 12" original wheels, 26 x 9 and 26 x 11 Bighorn 2's......couldn't be happier with the change in the way the machine rides. Found that a pound of one way or another for air pressure makes a huge difference...I'm learning, just small steps at a time....thanks, again. I may change wheels and tires after I wear these out. :)

Reactions: trigger
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I've got 950 rough miles on the stock rims and tires...the tires are looking pretty worn. I have read several comments about what others are running, but there seems to be so much information for a newbie, the information is overwhelming trying to figure out what sizes of tires and kinds of rims to purchase.

I'm not sure if adding spacers is for me as I have to go through those 50" gates out west often.....but, I could easily be convinced that a wider stance is worth it.

Where do I start trying to figure this out?

Thank you in advance.
I am running 25" tires on the stock rims with 1" spacers on the rear. The rear width is now the same as the front (originally it was narrow in the back) I like this setup it gives a little bigger tire and added stability keeping it right at the original 50" width.

Reactions: trigger
RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I am running 25" tires on the stock rims with 1" spacers on the rear. The rear width is now the same as the front (originally it was narrow in the back) I like this setup it gives a little bigger tire and added stability keeping it right at the original 50" width.
I ended up getting the 26" tires, will consider the spacers after I do some measurements...thanks!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!