BOX1

P500 About to put my name on a P520

NatureOne

NatureOne

Nov 22, 2020
Ontario
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome Wiley. I am also a new member from Ontario Canada. I, like you, have ordered the P520. I do a lot of fishing on small lakes down very tight trails. Hence the P520. I have ordered larger tires and alloy wheels from my dealer and he is taking money off for the swap.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome Wiley. I am also a new member from Ontario Canada. I, like you, have ordered the P520. I do a lot of fishing on small lakes down very tight trails. Hence the P520. I have ordered larger tires and alloy wheels from my dealer and he is taking money off for the swap.
welcome from west central fl.

Reactions: J80
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks all. NatureOne I haven't decided, what wheels and tires are you getting?

Last edited:
Moptop

Moptop

Nov 21, 2020
Covington Ga.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
mop top from covington Ga, Put a down payment on a P520 hope it will be here soon. I did set in one that hadn't been picked up and the seats are very firm, and all 4 shocks are adjustable with a shock adjusting wrench that should come with. Next will be a top, mirror and Windshield.
Have ordered H/D 1.6 inch straps to tie it down to my utility trailer.
Getting prepared.

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
.....Put a down payment on a P520 hope it will be here soon. I did set in one that hadn't been picked up.....

So some P520's are at dealers now?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
mop top from covington Ga, Put a down payment on a P520 hope it will be here soon. I did set in one that hadn't been picked up and the seats are very firm, and all 4 shocks are adjustable with a shock adjusting wrench that should come with. Next will be a top, mirror and Windshield.
Have ordered H/D 1.6 inch straps to tie it down to my utility trailer.
Getting prepared.
Rears have always been adjustable and fronts on the newer models. They're not going to supply a spanner wrench but they're about $7 at a dealer or online.

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not till Janauary at the earliest.

This was my understanding yet moptop sat in one already. Thought like the Trail 125 intro perhaps Honda Exclusive Powersport dealers get the first batch?

Reactions: Mudder and J80
H

HondaTech

This was my understanding yet moptop sat in one already. Thought like the Trail 125 intro perhaps Honda Exclusive Powersport dealers get the first batch?

Nobody should be seeing them till January. We are level 4 Powerhouse and just got our first Trail 125 this week.

Reactions: Mudder and J80
Moptop

Moptop

Nov 21, 2020
Covington Ga.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes there was one in the back not on the show room floor and the salesman said the new owner had not picked it up yet so he showed it to me , I needed measurements.

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2017 P500. If you go up an inch then get 1” spacers. The machine will feel 100% more stable. That extra width won’t make the tight trails any tougher, but you’ll appreciate it on any side-hilling and rolling around curves at speed.
Al
Nanaimo

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
I really like the size of the 500! Going to trade my P5 in in the spring. My only complaint is the rear diff noise-even after 11000 miles it is still noisy. Can someone justify the cost difference between a 21 P5 and the new 520? Was disappointed that it is a 500 with a pickup bed> I cant believe the 520 will have a significant power difference to warrant the cost factor. I welcome your comments but I think I will buy a new 500......hard to beat this little beast..

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like the size of the 500! Going to trade my P5 in in the spring. My only complaint is the rear diff noise-even after 11000 miles it is still noisy. Can someone justify the cost difference between a 21 P5 and the new 520? Was disappointed that it is a 500 with a pickup bed> I cant believe the 520 will have a significant power difference to warrant the cost factor. I welcome your comments but I think I will buy a new 500......hard to beat this little beast..
Why trade in a P500 for a new P500? If you aren't having issues just run it and spend that extra money on SxS parts or something else entirely. It's not my money of course so do what you want, but I am curious.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
If you have not already done so, an investment in power steering and a locker to your old P500 likely to be less expense than a trade in, and provide a much better P500 than another that you buy new. Doubt there will be noticeable power difference and noise reduction with a 2021 P500 or P520. But do what scratches your itch because its your money. Just my comment.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
. . . and a new set of plastics could give it a fresh new look too

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My understanding is there's little difference in power between the 500 and 520 so if you don't have use for the dump bed, and given Honda has reduced the 500's price, were I you I would just buy another 500.
I notice your P500 has 11,000 miles which is impressive to me, properly maintained how long are these engines good for. The local dealer had a used 2018 P500 with 4,000 miles which I thought was a lot.

In my case I use the dump bed a lot so the P500 not having one, along with no rear differential, took it off my radar. Now that there is a bed, even though no differential, I decided to replace my trusty Rancher 400 (which didn't have a dif either) with a 520.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!