farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Survived Stony Lonesome and hanging out with Joey and crew. Pretty sure everything is still mechanically sound, but she's got some new battle scars for sure! I'll know the full extent after she gets a bath this weekend. I foresee 30's in the near future too...

View attachment 164498

Looks Like You had a good time, This may be a stupid or obvious question that everyone will probably say if You have to ask You won't understand but I am just curious what made You change Your mind and make You feel like You would like to have 30" over 28" ???? , I just got 28" EVO's and 14" Rims and Fox shocks I went ahead and got the Super ATV A-arms because eventhough the 28" EVO's will fit it was still to close for my comfort Level and I figured that at that point if I didn't like the 28" down the road I could go with the 30" I will probably stick with the EVO's I have been very happy with them, I haven't had a chance to put all that stuff on yet looking forward to when I do, Thank You Have a good time cleaning that mud,,,

Reactions: joeymt33
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Looks Like You had a good time, This may be a stupid or obvious question that everyone will probably say if You have to ask You won't understand but I am just curious what made You change Your mind and make You feel like You would like to have 30" over 28" ???? , I just got 28" EVO's and 14" Rims and Fox shocks I went ahead and got the Super ATV A-arms because eventhough the 28" EVO's will fit it was still to close for my comfort Level and I figured that at that point if I didn't like the 28" down the road I could go with the 30" I will probably stick with the EVO's I have been very happy with them, I haven't had a chance to put all that stuff on yet looking forward to when I do, Thank You Have a good time cleaning that mud,,,
I really like these Evos, they are a great tire for the muddier local areas I ride down here but still hold up pretty well in the rockier areas that I go ride up in TN or AL. If you check out the videos from the night ride we just did out at Stony Lonesome, you need every bit of clearance you can get. I was the only machine on tires smaller than 30's and I struggled in a couple places where that extra few inches of clearance would have made the difference between winching up the rocks and making the line. I'm probably going to pick up some 30" Terrabites before Takeover in April and keep my Evos for my muddier local areas. If you're not running with a group that's purposely looking for the hardest way through the rocks, you'll never have any issues with the 28" tires.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@farmtimpioneer watch how much easier the white P1k3 goes through the same line right after me. He's got 30" Terrabites and forward arms. If you keep watching, the white P1k5-ish flat bed makes it look like driving over a parking bumper at the mall.. But we don't like that @snuffnwhisky guy :mad:

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@farmtimpioneer these are pretty tough trails. From what you've said before, I don't think this is the type of riding you plan to do and your tire/wheel selection will be great for your riding style. Just get them on there and enjoy the ride :)

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@farmtimpioneer these are pretty tough trails. From what you've said before, I don't think this is the type of riding you plan to do and your tire/wheel selection will be great for your riding style. Just get them on there and enjoy the ride :)

That is cool I always enjoy @joeymt33 videos, I always wondered about the bed on @snuffnwhisky rig what happen to it ?? Was it Damaged or did He do it for weight?? Anyway these Guys look pretty hard core to me I would probably have to set on the porch around that Bunch LOL, Very Good Guys keep up the good work, Thanks,,,

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
That is cool I always enjoy @joeymt33 videos, I always wondered about the bed on @snuffnwhisky rig what happen to it ?? Was it Damaged or did He do it for weight?? Anyway these Guys look pretty hard core to me I would probably have to set on the porch around that Bunch LOL, Very Good Guys keep up the good work, Thanks,,,
Weight

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you're not running with a group that's purposely looking for the hardest way through the rocks, you'll never have any issues with the 28" tires.
Bahahaha!
1c237m

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My Biggest challenge is keeping the dog in the bed, He don't like it when He gets muddy and keeping my Wonderful Wife from spilling Her Starbucks,
IMG 20181008 141018469
IMG 20190526 163805381

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
That’s gonna shake like an epileptic at a rave.

You’ll need something solid to mount it to.
What is the general consensus on best place to mount it? I know you had yours in the cab of the Talon at stoney and it looks like it shot well. I think @joeymt33 had his on the front bumper or maybe that was @snuffnwhisky? I ordered a roll bar mount to try but was worried it wouldn't take good video being behind the windshield.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
What is the general consensus on best place to mount it? I know you had yours in the cab of the Talon at stoney and it looks like it shot well. I think @joeymt33 had his on the front bumper or maybe that was @snuffnwhisky? I ordered a roll bar mount to try but was worried it wouldn't take good video being behind the windshield.

Mines mounted on the front bumper , does have a bit of a vibration , tried to pad the mount I used and it helped a bit . Do think my 700 has more vibration in it inherently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Biteme and Adam490
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

it was suction cup mounted to the glass windshield of my neighbors talon, he doesn’t wash the windshield like I do but if it’s right against the glass it does pretty well 99% of the time.

I have mine mounted to the outside of the windshield or the light bar on my bumper but there’s no rubber on either of those.

my rear one is mounted to the ROPS with a roll bar mount.

there’s vibration in the 1000 it’s a twin, but it can be somewhat mitigated.

stopped or going slowly they take spectacular pictures and video.

I tagged Plumber32 in one in the Overland 2019 picture thread (LINK).

Reactions: Adam490
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I’ve got mine stuck to the lower windshield with the GoPro adhesive mount.

085e30e2553763c5948e7bfa4c95c2ab

Reactions: Adam490

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!