Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's great to see children in the woods with there parents, looks like y'all had a HOOT!

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My goodness Adam, that little girl is an angel. Thanks for the cool pics of the guys too.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yep, locked into her 5 point car seat in the middle seat. It was a very slow controlled tip. I told her to hold on, yellow was going to take a nap and she laughed the whole way over. Car seat gets double ratchet strapped in and the tether over the harness bar locked to the tie down in the front of the bed. It doesn't move.
🤔....I'll make sure and remember that term in case we ever lay ours to "take a nap". It's a "controlled tip" honey, I swear!! 😂😂😂

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
🤔....I'll make sure and remember that term in case we ever lay ours to "take a nap". It's a "controlled tip" honey I swear!! 😂😂😂
You'll learn Padawan 😁 . There is very much a "controlled tip" versus a flop.

I think @Bad_bowtie wife caught it in the background when she was filming. There was a small rock ledge I couldn't see at the bottom of the section I was coming down and it caught the front passenger tire. It started to lean so I turned into it and it tilted back the other way but the damn sticky tires don't give. I tapped the brakes and let it just lay over into the bank. If it had been just me in the buggy I would have hammered on the gas and probably got over that ledge and not turned over, but if it didn't straighten out it would have flopped over much harder.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You'll learn Padawan 😁 . There is very much a "controlled tip" versus a flop.

I think @Bad_bowtie wife caught it in the background when she was filming. There was a small rock ledge I couldn't see at the bottom of the section I was coming down and it caught the front passenger tire. It started to lean so I turned into it and it tilted back the other way but the damn sticky tires don't give. I tapped the brakes and let it just lay over into the bank. If it had been just me in the buggy I would have hammered on the gas and probably got over that ledge and not turned over, but if it didn't straighten out it would have flopped over much harder.
Ok now a serious question from a "tipping" rookie. What do you do, Do you turn machine off? Or does it die on its own (tip sensor)?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Ok now a serious question from a "tipping" rookie. What do you do, Do you turn machine off? Or does it die on its own (tip sensor)?
Depends on if you have guys there that can tip you back over pretty quick. I was leading in this case so I just killed it because I knew I'd be sitting there for a minute while they got to me. It'll still run with it on its side for a bit before that tip sensor kills it, so if you know you're going through a section where you are likely to tip, and guys are standing around, they can usually push you back over and you can go on your way without it killing. Best practice is to let it sit for a few minutes before starting it back up just so the oil has a chance to flow back where it is supposed to.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Always turn it off ASAP!
Depends on if you have guys there that can tip you back over pretty quick. I was leading in this case so I just killed it because I knew I'd be sitting there for a minute while they got to me. It'll still run with it on its side for a bit before that tip sensor kills it, so if you know you're going through a section where you are likely to tip, and guys are standing around, they can usually push you back over and you can go on your way without it killing. Best practice is to let it sit for a few minutes before starting it back up just so the oil has a chance to flow back where it is supposed to.
That's what I figured, just wanted to make sure and ask a expert tipper 😉

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Agreed. Needs to be a tad bigger
I noticed it was a little tight in the Neutral position and then when dropping to Low it rubs on the right side. I took a razor knife to those and trimmed away a bit. He should definitely knock a few mm off his print file for those since it wouldn't hurt anything.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Love those pics Adam! Looks like everyone had a great time. Laying one over is no big deal, I’ll bet she took it like a champ!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Feel like I've neglected the old girl lately. She's only been used to haul firewood and a few trips around the neighborhood.

I did get to get her out and bring my buddy from MO fishing over Christmas break. It had stormed the day before and no fish were to be had, but we had a damn good time.

PXL 20201226 201511663

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Feel like I've neglected the old girl lately. She's only been used to haul firewood and a few trips around the neighborhood.

I did get to get her out and bring my buddy from MO fishing over Christmas break. It had stormed the day before and no fish were to be had, but we had a damn good time.

View attachment 247389
Yuengling!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!