ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Absolutely have a skid plate,. It came through where the wire loom runs into the floor section. Looks like the tire may have pushed whatever it was towards the inside and it hung on the flat corner of the tunnel. You can still see some of the wood on the wire loom here:

View attachment 277759

This is where it came through. Skid isn't going to stop that. You'd need to have something covering the firewall and into the tunnel. I'm going to add some protection to that area for sure when the new floor panel comes in:

View attachment 277761
Not sure this would have prevented the issue but on my skid plate I rolled a lip across that gap to protect that area

Kinda tough to see and not something you can add now.

IMG 20161230 222700521

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I'm running Superatv arms but this still acts as a good deflector for sticks. I would skip the a-arm guards if I had to do it again
The A-Arm guards just fill up with mud and sticks down here and then destroy the boots. I've got some thick conveyor material I bought a while back to try and make mud flaps, but it wasn't pliable enough. I think it might work really well to protect the firewall and that tunnel and maybe even act like a sound deadening material. Might not be pliable enough to conform for that either, but I'll give it a try when the new floor gets here. It's super thick double woven nylon/rubber. RMATV had that floor panel for $71 with free shipping after I added some other stuff to get it over $75.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Well the hunt is still on for a damned HMF Titan QS exhaust. I first ordered in early March from a seller on eBay that said they had 10 in stock... only to have them push the delivery date back every week until I just canceled the order and got a refund. Found a site (vividracing.com) that said they had a 2-3 week lead time on HMF orders and had good reviews, so I ordered on 6/9. They emailed the next day and told me all stainless HMF products were a 6-8 week lead time now... Whatever, at least they were up front. June comes and goes, July comes and goes, so I shoot them an email on 8/1 and get no response. Tried calling, live chat, emailing the sales address, etc. to no avail. Finally posted on a comment on their FB page this afternoon and magically received an email from a random dude telling me that the ship date was now 8/27. Just canceled that one for a refund too.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well the hunt is still on for a damned HMF Titan QS exhaust. I first ordered in early March from a seller on eBay that said they had 10 in stock... only to have them push the delivery date back every week until I just canceled the order and got a refund. Found a site (vividracing.com) that said they had a 2-3 week lead time on HMF orders and had good reviews, so I ordered on 6/9. They emailed the next day and told me all stainless HMF products were a 6-8 week lead time now... Whatever, at least they were up front. June comes and goes, July comes and goes, so I shoot them an email on 8/1 and get no response. Tried calling, live chat, emailing the sales address, etc. to no avail. Finally posted on a comment on their FB page this afternoon and magically received an email from a random dude telling me that the ship date was now 8/27. Just canceled that one for a refund too.
Ugh. I ordered the HMF on ebay 2 weeks ago and the guy with 10 in-stock said 5 weeks

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Damn! Well if it’s anything like the price of wood I might be open to bids on a “very slightly used one” in my best Craigslist tone of voice. It’s out lived a couple Honda’s so far

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Damn! Well if it’s anything like the price of wood I might be open to bids on a “very slightly used one” in my best Craigslist tone of voice. It’s out lived a couple Honda’s so far
I'm about to that point... I know yours is battle tested for sure! lol

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was it this guy?

View attachment 289898

If so, go check his negative feedback over the last few months...
Yes. If 8/27 is legit, I could make that work. I was thinking I'd buy the wide band o2 kit for the PV3 and add the exhaust and o2 bung all at once. Seems like more hassle than that now

Reactions: Mudwing
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Yes. If 8/27 is legit, I could make that work. I was thinking I'd buy the wide band o2 kit for the PV3 and add the exhaust and o2 bung all at once. Seems like more hassle than that now
They were the ones that told me they had them in stock and then just kept pushing it back a month at a time...in March.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm about to that point... I know yours is battle tested for sure! lol
Local friend has been going through same crap you guys have been. He’s been trying since April. It’s lame when someone says they have something and don’t. Lot of that going around on anything

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Local friend has been going through same crap you guys have been. He’s been trying since April. It’s lame when someone says they have something and don’t. Lot of that going around on anything
Yeah, pretty lousy.

I had to file a PayPal dispute with VividRacing since they won't reply to any attempt to cancel the order. No doubt I'll get my money back but sucks having to work through that process.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Been a minute for ole yeller! Tore the frame tab in December so she's been down. There are a couple guys up in AL that know their way around a Pioneer... Going under the knife soon

Screenshot 20220701 2019312

2022 07 01 20 16 21

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!