TitanTom

Forum Rocket Scientist
Lifetime Member
May 31, 2020
NE Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Howdy guys!

I'm starting to get fired up on my 1000-5 'Secret Squirrel' build and I'm looking for advice on mounting my winch.

My new Wild Boar bumper is here, my Warn VRX 45 winch will be here between Aug 3-6, and I'd better get my winch plate on the way here soon.

In your esteemed opinion, which winch plare/adapter should I be using?

In the meantime, I've installed my SATV flip-up hard windshield, a factory hard top, seat belt override, 3- mirror set, and some other little doo-dads. As I type, Moses is fabbing my BCF V2. After I get the bumper & winch installed I already have my True Battery isolator kit and it will go in next, then once I select and install lights I'll lay out the switch panel configuration and get everything hooked up. I guess I need to start a Build Thread for the Secret Squirrel!

I want y'all to know that every decision I've made regarding what I should do and what I should invest in regarding accessories has only been after huge digs through much of the info that has been contributed here.

Y'all are simply so friggen' awesome!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I want y'all to know that every decision I've made regarding what I should do and what I should invest in regarding accessories has only been after huge digs through much of the info that has been contributed here.

Y'all are simply so friggen' awesome!
X2

Reactions: TitanTom
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I had to look up the wild boar bumper to see what you're working with. Too bad it looks like it won't accommodate a top mounted winch. All the horror stories I've read about winch mounts on these machines convinced me to buy a JEI bumper so that I could mount it on top. I hate having to dig down in mud to release the winch cable. I didn't want a fancy bumper. I only bought it so that I wouldn't have to deal with finding a good mount that would work with whatever winch I wanted. Be warned, some combinations of winch and mount don't work with each other. There doesn't seem to be a consensus on which mount is best. They all have their ups and downs. My friend mounted a superwinch terra 45 on an EMP mount and it was a HUGE pain to get it in there. Actually, i'm not even sure he ever installed all the bolts....

Good luck!

Reactions: TitanTom
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry I should have a sword you question. I mounted mine up high on the Tough Country bumper. My last machine I had it mounted low and it was always a pain to dig through mud and water to get to it. Plus it was always getting submerged.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TitanTom and BigOL3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!