P1000 air intake tube under seat

smokey196240

smokey196240

May 25, 2020
Reserve,La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the air intake tube that brings air to the filter has the two bubbles on it what does it purpose does it serve other than take up room anyone take it out and put a different pipe in there

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the air intake tube that brings air to the filter has the two bubbles on it what does it purpose does it serve other than take up room anyone take it out and put a different pipe in there
Without looking at it, I'd guess they are baffles to cut intake noise down.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Without looking at it, I'd guess they are baffles to cut intake noise down.
It's either that or intake tuning. Either way, I chose to keep mine intact on the Talon when I installed a snorkel. The Talon's air intake is in a terrible location, the snorkel isn't for water, it's for cleaner air plus an oiled foam prefilter.

Talon -

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!