HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My selling dealer installed a Honda hard top and Honda two-piece windshield before I took delivery of my P1000-3. I'm pleased with the buggy and accessories but I have a cold air leak through the gap between top of windshield and roof. I think the windshield was designed to fit snug against the roof but my windshield was not pushed tightly up against the roof when it was installed.

Does anyone here in the forum have the Honda accessory roof and windshield that fit tight and do not leak cold air?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My selling dealer installed a Honda hard top and Honda two-piece windshield before I took delivery of my P1000-3. I'm pleased with the buggy and accessories but I have a cold air leak through the gap between top of windshield and roof. I think the windshield was designed to fit snug against the roof but my windshield was not pushed tightly up against the roof when it was installed.

Does anyone here in the forum have the Honda accessory roof and windshield that fit tight and do not leak cold air?
You can adjust it up by pulling the tab on the quick clamps and sliding it up the Rops to where you want it.

H

HondaTech

Theres a possibility they could've installed the roof clamps incorrectly as well.

Reactions: Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Theres a possibility they could've installed the roof clamps incorrectly as well.
Please tell me more. Could the roof be positioned too high/rearward to mate with the windshield?

H

HondaTech

Please tell me more. Could the roof be positioned too high/rearward to mate with the windshield?

The two front middle clamps are often mounted backwards on the brackets and can cause the roof to fit weird. Ive also seen the outboard clamps mounted wrong as well. The roof comes unassembled and the clamps all have to be installed.

But the windshield could also be the issue as well, ive seen 3 upper clamps installed upside down as well causing a gap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01 and HBarlow
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The two front middle clamps are often mounted backwards on the brackets and van cause the roof to fit weird. Ive also seen the outboard clamps mounted wrong as well. The roof comes unassembled and the clamps all have to be installed.

But the windshield could also be the issue as well, ive seen 3 upper clamps installef upside down as well causing a gap.
That's excellent information. I guess I'll have to review the Honda installation instructions and compare them to my installation. My ability to read and visually inspect is limited and slowly worsening due to macular degeneration.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!