P1000 Air through gear shift opening

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
Hi Everyone! Just got our new machine and first big ride today! We had the fabric doors and hard roof, with heater installed prior to us picking it up. I have to agree with most of what I have read here, it is much louder when it is all closed in, the heater is, marginal compared to the air leaks around the fabric, and it drives and shifts amazing!! So, some things that may be able to be addressed, and the things that are great are things that would have been VERY hard to fix, if they weren't correct out of the box!

I have a list of accessories to put on it, and while I am messing around I will look at it, but has any one addressed the amount of air coming from the shift lever? It is really excessive!! (I think I have read other complaints about this). Be nice to follow in some ones footsteps on this one (like I am doing for the rest of the build!)

The Honda accessories are OK, but it seems really weird to me that they tell me that I should not trailer the unit with them installed, and then they fail to provide any information on how to remove them! (Of course my sales dude said "we trailer them all the time with them on...)

I don't remember reading about other machines smelling quite "new" and HOT, (the gauge wasn't reading higher) it just really was burning off all the machine oil on the exhaust (I think)

Really happy so far!

Great forum!!! (But expensive!! Lots of things I didn't even know I needed!)

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yeah - once I started reading this forum I "needed" a lot more mods than I planned on. But what am I supposed to do? Its not like I have a choice...

I have not needed to reduce the gear shifter air flow yet as it has not been that cold and I don't have doors installed. But if I was to try, I would probably start with a chunk of pond liner and wrap the area behind the dash. Tape it up. It would stay soft and allow movement of the shifter.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Or this idea.
Take the time to cut it properly and attach it to the back side of the dash. Urethane or some other adhesive.
2 pieces of material that overlap might give a better seal. That is EPDM pond liner - just cause I have some.
IMG 2296

H

HondaTech

I didn't think the air through here was as bad as the P700. Unit I rode in one with a cab and holy hell it might be worse. We stuffed dense foam around them and it helps allot.

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
Thanks, I looked at it prior to putting it in storage and I think a rubber flap thing "might" stop the majority of the airflow... I will try when I add the busman PDM...The heater vent hoses could use a little insulation as well!

Reactions: mikesminitrail
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I guess you had to get red to match the hat :D