Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Thinking about ordering this setup for measuring camber and toe on my 2021 P1K5.

Has anyone used this (or the basic toe-only version) on thier Pioneer?

I've recently installed the Fox QS3 shocks, the full SATV high clearance offset A-Arms and new Tusk Aramid Terrbites 30x10x15 on Tusk Uinta beadlocks 15x7.

My understanding is that the SATV arms were pre-adjusted for factory shocks and wheels, so I just gave the lower adjustable pivot blocks a few spins to try to get close to the correct camber. It's quite obvious that camber is way off on the rears and, while camber on the front looks OK to the naked eye, the fronts are toed way out.

So ... short of playing the old "close enough" game of strapping levels to the fronts (for toe) and eyeballing for camber, I was thinking of investing in this. I'd rather pay once for this than rely on a shop to do an alignment every time.

Thoughts?

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My Hondas toe was way off from factory and wearing the front tires bad. I was wearing so bad I though the machines front end was sagging but that wasn't the case, just toe in was off. I did it the old way with a straight edge, square and measuring tape. I did go back back and tweak it a few times before I was happy with it but the tires now wear pretty straight. I wouldn't pay money for that tool. You dont' need it. Spend that money on something cool.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Thanks, @Bighat. Too late. Lol. I have other uses for it, and friends who will benefit from it as well.

I've never shied away from spending money on tools to do things 'better' because I don't always trust myself! Lol.

I will say that, now that I have adjusted the toe and have all the new suspension bits and tires & wheels (and despite too much negative camber), I don't feel like I am "fighting" the steering wheel like it felt from the factory. It requires far less input - almost like going from an old car with no power steering to a car with it.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking about ordering this setup for measuring camber and toe on my 2021 P1K5.

Has anyone used this (or the basic toe-only version) on thier Pioneer?

I've recently installed the Fox QS3 shocks, the full SATV high clearance offset A-Arms and new Tusk Aramid Terrbites 30x10x15 on Tusk Uinta beadlocks 15x7.

My understanding is that the SATV arms were pre-adjusted for factory shocks and wheels, so I just gave the lower adjustable pivot blocks a few spins to try to get close to the correct camber. It's quite obvious that camber is way off on the rears and, while camber on the front looks OK to the naked eye, the fronts are toed way out.

So ... short of playing the old "close enough" game of strapping levels to the fronts (for toe) and eyeballing for camber, I was thinking of investing in this. I'd rather pay once for this than rely on a shop to do an alignment every time.

Thoughts?
I have the rough country alignment kit.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!