P1000 Front end alignment quirk

Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This has probably been covered somewhere in here before but I haven't run across it yet so I thought I would post.

When doing a front end alignment, make sure you do it with the wheels on the ground and if possible weight the machine as it be when you're driving. As the wheels move down (like when jacking machine from frame) the wheels will toe in. So if you perform your alignment with the front wheels off the ground, when you let the machine back down the tires will toe out.

For example, if I would align the front tires on a jack as shown by the bottom views of the pic below then the front tires would actually be 1.5" toe out when I left the machine down from the jack.

P1000 Alignment

Last edited:
Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For reference, I align my machine with a 1/8" toe in on the ground knowing the tires will toe out slightly when I jump in to drive.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You actually want them slightly toed in when you're driving. Toed out will make the machine sway side to side on high speed runs. Also consider putting something like plastic under the tires when aligning, they won't bite so hard into the concrete giving false settings.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I don't know about others but have you checked the backs. I know there not adjustable but my backs toe in as well. Pin and hub bushings are good. Where I really notice it is with the tracks on. When I measure the distance at the front of the [rear tracks] then measure the distance of the rear [rear tracks] I have a difference of about 2" wider at the back. . The tracks are about 4' long. So even a slight toe in is really made to look way more over that distance.

Last edited:
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This has probably been covered somewhere in here before but I haven't run across it yet so I thought I would post.

When doing a front end alignment, make sure you do it with the wheels on the ground and if possible weight the machine as it be when you're driving. As the wheels move down (like when jacking machine from frame) the wheels will toe in. So if you perform your alignment with the front wheels off the ground, when you let the machine back down the tires will toe out.

For example, if I would align the front tires on a jack as shown by the bottom views of the pic below then the front tires would actually be 1.5" toe out when I left the machine down from the jack.

View attachment 315149
Thats the problem. Its been determined that the factory is torqueing the A arms at full droop instead of at ride height. And they are probably aligning them in the air and that would be the reason the units are being delivered so toed out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!