SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
And 10 minutes later peeled a bead. Wondering if it’s my driving style?

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Peeled 3 beads in an hour all on the rear. I made sure they were set right. The TREAL beadlocks said they were made for the Proline Hyrax tires but I went with the Traxxas BFG replica ones for the scale looks. Thought they would be the same since the wheel and tire size is specific to the car. Might have been a mistake. I am running it hard on pavement though.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I’m super proud of myself. Went to hobby store today and only spend $9 bucks. Took your advice @Adam490 and got some bigger shock ends. My buddy got the new Losi Baja Rey 2.0 trick truck plus batteries. I was a model of restraint when they had a TRX Blazer.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Had to open it up again. Steering was giving me grief. I had a couple parts I’ve been picking up here and there left to go on the next time I was this far in. Hot racing diff cover, bellcrank, and front driveshaft. The driveshaft is pretty cool, completely replaces the factory planetary gear housing and becomes the output shaft. And a GPM motor mount with heat sink. It gets hot faster with the heavier aluminum wheels. The GPM parts are not as high quality when compared to HR or Vitavon but they seem to work okay. I love this truck but it is a a job to work on it. A lot different than my old RC cars where you pop the top and everything is right there.
1DD869FA 2E68 46A9 A0C7 4587D4F478BB
A00561FA 698C 4CBC B345 7DE24D415083
1DD869FA 2E68 46A9 A0C7 4587D4F478BB

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Had to open it up again. Steering was giving me grief. I had a couple parts I’ve been picking up here and there left to go on the next time I was this far in. Hot racing diff cover, bellcrank, and front driveshaft. The driveshaft is pretty cool, completely replaces the factory planetary gear housing and becomes the output shaft. And a GPM motor mount with heat sink. It gets hot faster with the heavier aluminum wheels. The GPM parts are not as high quality when compared to HR or Vitavon but they seem to work okay. I love this truck but it is a a job to work on it. A lot different than my old RC cars where you pop the top and everything is right there.View attachment 262152View attachment 262153View attachment 262152
I'm still very new to this stuff, pictures with your put back together would be great.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I'm still very new to this stuff, pictures with your put back together would be great.
The nice thing is that the parts are so small you can break down sub assemblies on a paper towel to keep stuff straight. The diff on one, trans on another etc. I’ll send a pic after work with it back together.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
And ready to go. What I would say about this style RC is to know what you’re getting into. All the work is easy and I enjoy it. But... The body is 12 screws and the bottom skid plate is another 12 just to get to what pulling 4 clips gets you to on other RC cars. Don’t get me wrong. I love this little truck and the realism it looks and drives with
89AA557C 593D 4691 B456 5CD2B54ECDCE
... But damn spring is coming and I’m going to be busy doing other s***. Ready to play with it for awhile around camp without breaking it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And ready to go. What I would say about this style RC is to know what you’re getting into. All the work is easy and I enjoy it. But... The body is 12 screws and the bottom skid plate is another 12 just to get to what pulling 4 clips gets you to on other RC cars. Don’t get me wrong. I love this little truck and the realism it looks and drives withView attachment 262369... But damn spring is coming and I’m going to be busy doing other s***. Ready to play with it for awhile around camp without breaking it.
Kinda where I'm at!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!