P700 Another “need help” post

Max718

Max718

Jun 7, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks. Our “advertised” prices are very similar. It’s the $690.00 Honda prep/freight fee, 6% tax and $150ish paperwork fee.
I have the 700-4 deluxe it was in my budget and love it . No regrets,my wife and I ride almost every weekend it does everything I need it to do

Reactions: swsebek
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought the non-deluxe model. I later added PS for $560. and I bought tires and rims.
Looking back...
The roll cage will grow on you.
You will want the additional seating of the 4 or 5 seater.
You will want the PS eventually.
You will want nicer rims.
I really don't care about painted panels.
I'm hearing that most people don't use the paddle shift.

Summary, Get the 700-4 deluxe if at all possible. Get the 1000-5 if your budget will allow and the size isn't an issue where you ride.

T

Tri2hunt

Oct 30, 2017
The Woods
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am a new member that had a similar dilemma. I am fortunate enough that the price difference was not an issue. I looked at all the other reasons I wanted the Honda. Same as you, family rig, hunting rig, just having fun rig.
I went the 700-4 Deluxe route for several reasons. I have been off roading for a long time and really looked at where the majority of my riding will take place and who is in the rig with me. I spend a lot of time in N. Idaho and you can't get around the gates openings in a 1000, just too wide, even though technically so is the 700, but for the most part if it will fit thru the gate they don't hard time you. Also, the speed is fun, had plenty of rigs that would haul a$$ thru the tough stuff, but most often when the family is with me or when I am going hunting, I don't need high speed. When I am just out for fun and have wife open space the more power the better, but it is not the majority of my riding.
The 700 does everything I want and I had plenty of funds left over to do all those mods you will want to do on either machine, winch, lights, windshield, stuff to make it street legal, etc. Without feeling the pinch on money to go actually use it.

Just another new guys opinion.

Oh and I was 13500 OTD for my 17 700-4 deluxe.

S

Smitty272

Nov 7, 2017
Butler Pa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the valuable input.

I’m still undecided, I’ve shopped heavily for a 1000-5 recently, at least called around. I’m probably within 300-400 bucks from making a deal. I know a few hundred isn’t anything when you talk about a 15,000 machine, I just want to come out of it feeling I got a good deal.

I’ve seen some of the prices people have posted on here that they paid, some are nearly 1,000 less than I can find, that’s the type of deal I’m looking for, the dealers hate me for it, some won’t even call back.

Reactions: swsebek
JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Honda of Russellville Arkansas has he deal that you are looking for! A bit of drive for you but, who doesn't mind a drive?

S

Smitty272

Nov 7, 2017
Butler Pa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the valuable input.

I’m still undecided, I’ve shopped heavily for a 1000-5 recently, at least called around. I’m probably within 300-400 bucks from making a deal. I know a few hundred isn’t anything when you talk about a 15,000 machine, I just want to come out of it feeling I got a good deal.

I’ve seen some of the prices people have posted on here that they paid, some are nearly 1,000 less than I can find, that’s the type of deal I’m looking for, the dealers hate me for it, some won’t even call back.

Hi guys!

Well, I made up my mind and made a purchase over the weekend with Black Friday deals going on.

I appreciate all of your input, i test drive the 1000-5 and wasn’t sold on it. I ended up selling myself on a 2017 Teryx4 camo. I had a teryx 4 a few years ago and liked the upgrades since then.

I put 25 miles on it lugging guys around the woods the last two days hunting. I’m happy with the decision and wanted to stop back in and thank everyone for there input.

The biggest deciding factor was the back seats are much more comfortable and roomy for my young kids.

Thanks all & happy holidays

Jason
“The 2nd Smitty”

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi guys!

Well, I made up my mind and made a purchase over the weekend with Black Friday deals going on.

I appreciate all of your input, i test drive the 1000-5 and wasn’t sold on it. I ended up selling myself on a 2017 Teryx4 camo. I had a teryx 4 a few years ago and liked the upgrades since then.

I put 25 miles on it lugging guys around the woods the last two days hunting. I’m happy with the decision and wanted to stop back in and thank everyone for there input.

The biggest deciding factor was the back seats are much more comfortable and roomy for my young kids.

Jason
“The 2nd Smitty”
Congrats on the new ride. The Teryx seems to be well liked by many.

Reactions: Smitty272
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Congrats! Your happiness is my only concern!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hi guys!

Jason
“The 2nd Smitty”
Congrats, the back seats in the Honda is cramped. Rode in the back my a friends 700 a few months back, couldn't wait to get back to camp. I bought our P1-5 for the ease of getting our three dogs in the back, Doggy doors, yea I know!

advertisement
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 2958

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!