P1000 Another heat issue question

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You will be glad you at least looked at other options. You can at least buy with confidence.

Reactions: Isaiah
I

IRIDERED

May 22, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here she is. Put the roof on when I got home and took it for a ride, seriously impressed! I'll be putting the under dash storage and seat belt override in today. Still need to decide between satv and factory hard coat windshield.

20200528 112844

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here she is. Put the roof on when I got home and took it for a ride, seriously impressed! I'll be putting the under dash storage and seat belt override in today. Still need to decide between satv and factory hard coat windshield.

View attachment 205019
I've never seen the satv windshield but it can't be any worse than Honda's. Honda windshield looks and fits like it was made at a redneck plexiglass shop. (No offense rednecks).

Pinerider

Pinerider

Aug 11, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 205019
SATV windshield is the way to go. Comparable in price to the OEM but more versatile. I typically run mine fully open unless it’s raining or the wife is getting bugs in her teeth. I’ve been through a lot of brush with no scratches or issues. Use some type of thread locker to prevent your bolts rattling loose and ride it like you stole it.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
SATV windshield is the way to go. Comparable in price to the OEM but more versatile. I typically run mine fully open unless it’s raining or the wife is getting bugs in her teeth. I’ve been through a lot of brush with no scratches or issues. Use some type of thread locker to prevent your bolts rattling loose and ride it like you stole it.
X2

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: IRIDERED
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Be very carefull using some thread lockers around plastic, Loctite kills some plastics, like straight bleach kills cloth. :oops:

Reactions: IRIDERED
I

IRIDERED

May 22, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you need heat shields and vent extensions have that in package. Send me email for 10% eBay prices. [email protected]

Taking another ride now, but I'll shoot you an email this evening or to.orrow. Thanks for the help!
If you need heat shields and vent extensions have that in package. Send me email for 10% eBay prices. [email protected]

Thanks! I'll shoot you an email tomorrow morning.

I

IRIDERED

May 22, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for sloppy posting, doing it on my phone. Getting older and eyes are fading!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!