P500 another nub from northern Ontario

Bushbaby

Bushbaby

Mar 25, 2018
Elliot Lake Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hello to everyone and thank you for this forum. I just took the leap and purchased a 2017 Pioneer 500 with the trail package and Camo colour. Honda Canada has a great deal on now for the 2017 500 unsold stock and I couldn't resist. Looking forward to gathering lots of info - posting a bit and reading a lot.

BB

Bushbaby

Bushbaby

Mar 25, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the show.... What exactly is the "trail package".?
In Ontario the P500 Trail Package consists of Hard Roof, Rear view mirror, Light Bar, Light Attachment Kit and a Cab Frame Attachment Bag. In Ontario there are three packages available - Work Package, Trail Package and an Outdoor Package. Each containing slightly different components. Slightly different pricing for each. More info at honda.ca.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Hello to everyone and thank you for this forum. I just took the leap and purchased a 2017 Pioneer 500 with the trail package and Camo colour. Honda Canada has a great deal on now for the 2017 500 unsold stock and I couldn't resist. Looking forward to gathering lots of info - posting a bit and reading a lot.

BB
Trail Package?
Show some...pics..

Bushbaby

Bushbaby

Mar 25, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Trail Package?
Show some...pics..

From the Honda.ca website. Only difference is mine has the camo colour.

Pioneer 500 Hero Image ENm

Reactions: 500oneer
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Cool welcome to HSxS. Lots of great info and folks here, nice unit BTW you’ll love it. Let the mods begin.... hahahaa, so much fun. As a suggestion when you get a winch I’d recommmend Superwinch Terra series, in 3500lbs and KFI makes great products like winch mounts, snow ploughs etc.
Cheers happy ridding these are awesome little rigs.
j

Reactions: trigger
Bushbaby

Bushbaby

Mar 25, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Cool welcome to HSxS. Lots of great info and folks here, nice unit BTW you’ll love it. Let the mods begin.... hahahaa, so much fun. As a suggestion when you get a winch I’d recommmend Superwinch Terra series, in 3500lbs and KFI makes great products like winch mounts, snow ploughs etc.
j

Thanks - I know my first mod is the addition of a Honda rear cargo tray for my dog. He'd never forgive me if I kept leaving him behind.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Welcome to the group from East Tennessee

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks - I know my first mod is the addition of a Honda rear cargo tray for my dog. He'd never forgive me if I kept leaving him behind.

I get it our old dog is that way too, built a plywood rubber mat for the rear. Silly old bugger jumped off to chase a black bear while we were doing 25kph. Did a significant lip skid right beside me.... poor guy had dirt up under his eyelids and rubbed the colour off the end of his nose. Could tell it rang his bell for sure. Unfortunately we saw the bear at the same time, I’m thinking he smelled it first too, so I didn’t even get off the throttle when he launched and landed right beside me, (just outside the door) made one galloping step then boom major lip skid. Shook it off but was reluctant to climb back on till he was tired of running.

Funny as hell as he’ll plough snow with me, ass on the passenger seat front feet on the floor, or try and crowd me out laying across the seat and at 110lbs he’s a bugger to move.

j

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
j
2nd on the Superwinch Terra. Doesn't even get warm when pulling the buggy out f the mud.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!