LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Welcome from Alabama.
@AustinL911 I went with the sXs windshield here is a link to an article that prompted me to use them. Early photos of their windshield on my machine are on Page 3 Post #45:

P500 - Honda 500 Full Glass Windshield

I think Extreme Metal Products may now also offer a glass windshield, and since you are both located in Ohio, shipping might be less.
As far as sXs,- great people to work with and extremely high quality, and I would highly recommend them. I couldn't be happier especially since the previous linked post I added wipers and a windshield washer system see left photo (two rectangular blocks at bottom of windshield are the jet nozzle holders).
In the left photo, the lower vent is open which allows for air flow, plus in this position you can also remove the hood.
The right photo is an under hood look (before I tidied up the wiring and a list of some things you can fit under the little P5 hood:

1 – Back of Choog Box (glovebox)
2 – Winch Solenoid
3 – Relay for Light bar
4 – Fuse Boxes
5 – NOAM Stereo Amp
6 – Electric Power Steering
7 – Windshield Washer Reservoir and Pump (do not use unless you have a glass windshield)
View attachment 255178View attachment 255180
Thanks for the post! Looks awesome. Now I've got another option to consider. No problems with rocks busting or chipping it?

Reactions: Mudder and J80
Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
1/2 inch lexan drilled and tapped with 1/4 × 3/4 ss hex head bolts with 3/4 ss angle across the bottom for support.
Cannot fold but could remove if needed.
We leave it on all year for protection from the elements.
Just a suggestion.
Much cheaper than anything I found out therr.
View attachment 255070
What have you used for your mudguards ? I like the looks.

Reactions: J80
Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
If getting a full glass windshield, look at this option. I've seen them post on here and mention they could probably work with you on price a bit due to being a Hondasxs member. The bottom flips up for air flow and hood access. Made in USA (Utah).

Also, I'll echo the need for a back panel for dust. It is a must if you have a windshield.

I have a terrible plastic windshield that came with my 500 when I bought it. Once I get to replacing it, I am really considering the glass one posted above and then chopping my current one down to a half windshield for summer.

L

Lookouttrout

Feb 12, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
One old man to another 75 +here.
Have to warn you up front I DONOT do things the same as other's ( not sure if that good or bad just works for me )
Roll cage is 1&5/8in. Diameter see attached Honda OEM quick attach clamps pictures around $ 14.00 at Bike Bandit as close as I can remember. ( excellent memory but it does leak )
The OEM combination will work just fine.
Using same Roof & Windshield & ( Hard Kolpin Rear Panel required more effort to seal & hold heat. )

Kolpin Mirrors --- with Modified Mounting to the Windshield Tilt Bracket ( Mirrors Tilt With the Windshield ) see attached pictures.
With P520 doors -- Mirrors NOT Easily attached to Roll Cage ( included picture aluminum used to make mirror mount ) could be duplicated with 2 pieces alum. angle.
This moved the Mirrors up & in. Now have a partial view through windshield. ( poor vision trough Wavy Door Plastic Windows )
I installed a Recording Camera with Ft. & Rear Vewing.

View attachment 255146 View attachment 255147 View attachment 255148 View attachment 255149 View attachment 255151
Interesting. Thank you. Your quite innovative I see.
wonder if OEM side mirrors would work with doors???? Don’t see how any mirror can after looking at your doors. Hmmmmm

Reactions: Mudder and J80
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
IMO all windshields suck! Whether it's scratches and glare, muddy or smeared, little rain drops all over it, yeah I have wipers but it still sucks compared to a halfshield. I find it's only necessary for blocking the cold. Just something about having the wind in your face like a quad or bike, and you can see everything, all the time. Been caught in heavy rains and we just pull under a big ass tree, between that and the roof we're good.
Without some sort of back panel you will get a vortex though. You'd think it would be wide open airflow but below the dash it becomes negative pressure that draws in dust.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
P520 Doors
Label states Made in USA
ME TOO

Check out --UTV801-- ( SXS Windshield NEW Name ) MADE Iin USA call Fred or Brice 801-380 -1255
P500 windshield $569.00 shipped -- with manual wiper add $40.00
Brice handles Honda SXS sales. ( my conversation was with Fred he does Polaris & Can AM)
Buy one if for some reason you do not like the fit or looks will return your purchase price & pay return shipping.
How is that for Confidence in your Product

Has Aluminum Frame to mount mirrors to .
Sent pictures of the P520 DOORS on P500 & plastic price that covers mounting OEM Honda clamps.
They are checking on spacing of mounting clamps to see if match OEM Honda Windshield if spacing matches should be able to use the P520 DOORS with this Glass Windshield & have mirrors

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
P520 Doors
Label states Made in USA
ME TOO

Check out --UTV801-- ( SXS Windshield NEW Name )
P500 windshield $569.00 shipped -- with manual wiper add $40.00
Brice handles Honda SXS sales. ( my conversation was with Fred he does Polaris & Can AM)
Buy one if for some reason you do not like the fit or looks will return your purchase price & pay return shipping.
How is that for Confidence in your Product

Has Aluminum Frame to mount mirrors to .
Sent pictures of the P520 DOORS on P500 & plastic price that covers mounting OEM Honad clamps.
They are checking on spacing of mounting clamps to see if match OEM Honda Windshield if spacing matches should be able to use the P520 DOORS with this Glass Windshield & have mirrors
Sign me up for this!

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
GIVE them a call :
Get your credit card out & Load it up.

It's only Money if you do not spend it -- Those you Leave it to WILL.

L

Lookouttrout

Feb 12, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
IMO all windshields suck! Whether it's scratches and glare, muddy or smeared, little rain drops all over it, yeah I have wipers but it still sucks compared to a halfshield. I find it's only necessary for blocking the cold. Just something about having the wind in your face like a quad or bike, and you can see everything, all the time. Been caught in heavy rains and we just pull under a big ass tree, between that and the roof we're good.
Without some sort of back panel you will get a vortex though. You'd think it would be wide open airflow but below the dash it becomes negative pressure that draws in dust.
The thing is my 64 year old wife has asthma and affected by the road dust that tends to prevail on this forest road along a fly fishing river in Montana. So a windshield should help with a rear cover. She will wear a face mask too. Thanks
Sign me up for this!
i like that windshield!! Just a couple away from where I’m picking up my p520!! I’ll call tomorrow. Thank you!

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the post! Looks awesome. Now I've got another option to consider. No problems with rocks busting or chipping it?
So far no chips, I transport in an enclosed trailer, if you transport in an open trailer I think sXs offers a windshield cover for transport.
Since the windshield is flat DOT glass, if a bad crack happens you should be able to have your local glass company provide a new replacement glass.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
While I agree with much of what my friend @trigger states, Especially the need for a rear panel (very important).
I’m more than a few years older than he is and my days of wind (and dust) in your face has passed, I’m very content having a full windshield. My first windshield was a fold down 3/4 but not hardcoat and it scratched terribly, plus at the hinge point when it rained or in sleet I couldn’t see and got very wet and cold thighs (not pleasant at my age).
After adding a windshield washer reservoir and pump to a full glass windshield with wipers I think I’ve solved part of the streaking issues, while it may not work for everyone, it works for me.
The best part of this forum is the free exchange of ideas to help new members make informed decisions without spending hundreds of dollars on trial and error (which many of us have done) and not getting people getting pi$$ed off in the process.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
OPINIONS :: DO CANGE -- come in All Sizes , Shapes & Volume #@!&*€¥ ---

The way we Express Our Opinion Reflects the 1st impression & Opinion Others Have Of Us.
Respect others OPINIONS & hope they Respect Yours.

There would be MORE PEACE in the WORLD if More People ( Respect Each Other's Space & Opinion )o
WARS HAVE BEEN FOUGHT OVER LESS ????????? YYYYYYYY ( World Peace Would Be NICE ) I dought I'll see it in my lifetime...

Oh ! --- If I may quote Trigger :: Post :: Honda Full Glass Windshield ---page 3 --- post 49
( Had this been available when I bought mine I would have went this way )

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
OPINIONS :: DO CANGE -- come in All Sizes , Shapes & Volume #@!&*€¥ ---

The way we Express Our Opinion Reflects the 1st impression & Opinion Others Have Of Us.
Respect others OPINIONS & hope they Respect Yours.

There would be MORE PEACE in the WORLD if More People ( Respect Each Other's Space & Opinion )o
WARS HAVE BEEN FOUGHT OVER LESS ????????? YYYYYYYY ( World Peace Would Be NICE ) I dought I'll see it in my lifetime...

Oh ! --- If I may quote Trigger :: Post :: Honda Full Glass Windshield ---page 3 --- post 49
( Had this been available when I bought mine I would have went this way )

I absolutely would have went for that one had it been available, that thing is BA! As nice as it is and regardless how much I had spent on it, it still would have came off in the summer. Feels like I'm sitting in an aquarium or something. :cool:

Reactions: pappyo and J80
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I absolutely would have went for that one had it been available, that thing is BA! As nice as it is and regardless how much I had spent on it, it still would have came off in the summer. Feels like I'm sitting in an aquarium or something. :cool:
I’m like trigger when summer rolls around my glass windshield and rear panel is coming off I like the breeze in my face just wear a pair of sunglasses to keep eyes from watering up

Reactions: trigger
J

JJ500

Nov 5, 2020
Wurtsboro, NY
Ownership

1. 500
I am getting the Honda soft rear panel / window along with the hardtop and HARD windshield. My thoughts were when we get the soft doors it will all fit correctly. Opinion?
Oh, with above can you recommend side view mirrors beside OEM that would work? What is the diameter on roll cage bars?
Thank you!!!!!
Hello,
Hope I’m not repeating a prior question relating to windshields but.,,,,
We need a windshield to help protect my wife from much dust (and cold wind) on a forest service road we’re we have a cabin.
with that at hand seriously looking at a OEM Honda brand hard full pop out at $529 minus 10% discount with install. Vents on bottom when needed.
I do like how the Super ATV top half pops open however read a few reviews saying it interferes with hood opening

can someone offer me insight as far as quality of the OEM vs The SuperATV?
Appreciate everyone’s help.
The Ole Montana Guy
As a senior who now basically limits my 2020 pioneer 500 travel to fairly well traveled trails I purchased the Super ATV flip up windshield after reading several of the favorable reviews. My concern as yours was loosing easy access to my front underhood storage. There was a reviewer on the Super ATV site named Mike who made modifications to the brackets that hold down the lower bottom windshield that sits on the front hood by cutting the support bracket and installing a small hinge on both the right and left side that seemed to solve the problem and permit full and easy access to the front hood storage. Mike provides several photos on the modification and are pretty clear on how to make the mods. I have just completed a similar modification on the brackets with few changes and look forward to the installation when I return to my residence in April. If all goes as expected I will include some photos along with instructions for other members that had the same concerns and about the Super ATV flip open windshield.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
In the Upstate N.Y :: The Adirondack Mountains has its own Summer Adirondack Air Force.
BLACK FLIES :: You can Spot all the Happy ( smiling ) Atv -- Utv -- Motorcycle Riders Without Windshields.
By the Bug Stains on there Teeth & Bites on there Face :: Neck

Vented Windshield :: Stays on all year.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I’m like trigger when summer rolls around my glass windshield and rear panel is coming off I like the breeze in my face just wear a pair of sunglasses to keep eyes from watering up

Yeah I wear Motorcycle glasses that have a foam seal. Still get dust in your eyes occasionally but they help.

Alumilitearmor

Alumilitearmor

May 7, 2016
Parowan, Utah
We make a full laminated glass windshield that tips out at the bottom to allow for airflow and keep the dust at bay. We also offer a full tip up upgrade that not only allows the windshield to tip out the 2" and 4" it will pop up 90 deg with the assistance of gas shocks so there is no need to purchase a windshield for the summer and another for the colder months. We also make the full enclosure that goes with the windshield. Glass is the only way to go as any plastic windshield that states is hard coated or not will scratch and make seeing thru it a pain. You can check out all of the P-500 Enclosure accessory's at alumilitearmor.com.

Windshield Assy P 500 full enclosure 3

Reactions: pappyo and Raghorn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!