BOX1

P500 Another old man question- windshields

R

rd7fox

Aug 22, 2014
Another old guy here. If you are in Montana, I would really encourage you to enclose the whole thing. I'm in WV and we get plenty of snow and bad weather Nov-April. I would not ever have another SXS is it wasn't enclosed. I remember flying off the mountain trying to beat summer rainstorms on my ATV. Now, I just piddle my way off the mountain dry and smiling. Opening the windshield and side windows in warm weather is not much of a price to pay for all the comfort you have in bad weather.

B

Bruce4795

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Hello,
Hope I’m not repeating a prior question relating to windshields but.,,,,
We need a windshield to help protect my wife from much dust (and cold wind) on a forest service road we’re we have a cabin.
with that at hand seriously looking at a OEM Honda brand hard full pop out at $529 minus 10% discount with install. Vents on bottom when needed.
I do like how the Super ATV top half pops open however read a few reviews saying it interferes with hood opening

can someone offer me insight as far as quality of the OEM vs The SuperATV?
Appreciate everyone’s help.
The Ole Montana Guy
I have the OEM pop out window with hard coat. It works very well and has not beem scratched yet with occasional branch overhangs and wiping dust off the windshield with a soft T shirt material. Keep in mind that if you install a windshield it will encourage dust from the rear entering the cabin. Opening the windshield minimizes the dust as does a rear flexible window from Honda. If trailering the rig, open the rear window (unzip the center portion and roll it up) while keeping the windshield all the way down.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
K

KimberproSS

Jul 16, 2019
Mount Vernon, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the two piece LEXAN Honda OEM windshield, didn't know any better. I take the top half off in the summer and the lip on the bottom half deflects the air up to the top of my head. Honda's clamps that hold it in place are easy to use and I am able to remove and install the top half by myself in 5 min. If I leave on and run on dusty roads/trails it will choke you out. Taking it off solves most of that issue. Winter time less of a problem since where I live, it is generally wet and little dust and the windshields blocks the wind.

Gold-digger

Gold-digger

Mar 12, 2019
Ocean Shores Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,
Hope I’m not repeating a prior question relating to windshields but.,,,,
We need a windshield to help protect my wife from much dust (and cold wind) on a forest service road we’re we have a cabin.
with that at hand seriously looking at a OEM Honda brand hard full pop out at $529 minus 10% discount with install. Vents on bottom when needed.
I do like how the Super ATV top half pops open however read a few reviews saying it interferes with hood opening

can someone offer me insight as far as quality of the OEM vs The SuperATV?
Appreciate everyone’s help.
The Ole Montana Guy
I just ordered the full wind shield that haft top folds up along with a rear shield from super ATV. I'll let you know how it works out

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
L

Lookouttrout

Feb 12, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Let me know
I have the OEM pop out window with hard coat. It works very well and has not beem scratched yet with occasional branch overhangs and wiping dust off the windshield with a soft T shirt material. Keep in mind that if you install a windshield it will encourage dust from the rear entering the cabin. Opening the windshield minimizes the dust as does a rear flexible window from Honda. If trailering the rig, open the rear window (unzip the center portion and roll it up) while keeping the windshield all the way down.
thank you for the advise. I decided to go OEM like yours with hardtop and soft rear. I pick up our new blue 520 beginning of May and hauling to Montana. Dealer claims I can leave windshield on for transport. Do it all the time. I plan to drive no more than 65 MPH. Maybe get some of that stretchy clear wrap for window. Don’t want bug splatter😬

Reactions: Mudder
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!