P1000m5 Another tire question

Chris907

Chris907

May 3, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 1849
Stick these things in mud. They just don't have the torque to do it. And forget about trying reverse. It will just torque up and stall. Love it in almost every other scenario. But once a tire is suctioned in, your pretty much done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been through all sorts of mud. No problem. Maybe you are doing something wrong?

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Stick these things in mud. They just don't have the torque to do it. And forget about trying reverse. It will just torque up and stall. Love it in almost every other scenario. But once a tire is suctioned in, your pretty much done.

Dude.. that's not right at all!!

Reactions: joeymt33
L

Logan

Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I don't think we are talking about the same kind of mud. This is muskeg and clay. And both the pioneers get in trouble if they get in deep. Both are well maintained. Both experienced drivers. Both same complaint. The gearing for reverse in these is one of hondas biggest screw ups. If someone offered a machine that could seat 5 and not be 30' long, I'd probably switch.

1e2e68846b6e702c32bf2d7e6d4dc712

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't think we are talking about the same kind of mud. This is muskeg and clay. And both the pioneers get in trouble if they get in deep. Both are well maintained. Both experienced drivers. Both same complaint. The gearing for reverse in these is one of hondas biggest screw ups. If someone offered a machine that could seat 5 and not be 30' long, I'd probably switch.

View attachment 48840

Thanks for the explanation and pictures. That is quite extreme terrain. I'm sure that's out of the designed purpose. I agree that the gearing is too high for extreme recreational use. However, we also have an un-modified P1000 for work use and it's not given any trouble except for the piss poor dump bed.

There is a gear reduction kit available. I would like one myself one day when funds are available. You should look into it if you haven't.

Reactions: ohanacreek
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good how do they ride slow and how much do they weight each

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
I did not weigh them but they a much heavier than the stock. Slow ride is not bad on dirt but concrete you know the buggy has mud tires on it. Went last weekend to Mud greek in west Texas and I did not get stuck the entire weekend. There were to mud holes that the buggy stop going forward but I rocked it out in reverse both times. Really liking this setup.

Reactions: pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for info enjoy it

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
No lift. The right front tire rubbed at a full turn. The plastic stuck out further than the left side. I drilled 3 holes and put push pins to hold it back to the body...no more rubbing.

Reactions: pct
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!