BOX1 - TEST

P1000 Another turf mode question

P

pwalters74

Jan 17, 2022
Thomaston Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been catching hell trying to get the turf mode/2wd adjusted right. Is there another adjustment besides behind the seat?
Also, when I’m 4wd, is the rear supposed to lock or is it still open?

Reactions: Smitty335
test - test -test

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Rear is supposed to be locked in any mode except turf mode. It even locks in turf mode while the trans is in park.

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
test - test -test
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rear is locked in 4 wheel.

Did you follow this video?

It can be fussy. You can start with the alignment described in the service manual as a baseline, but mine is pretty far from there to work properly.

test - test -test

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also, keep in mind when you are making your adjustments, the cable pulls the diff OUT of lock. If it is not going in to Lock mode, your adjustments are too tight, not too loose as one might think.

test - test -test
P

pwalters74

Jan 17, 2022
Thomaston Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rear is locked in 4 wheel.

Did you follow this video?

It can be fussy. You can start with the alignment described in the service manual as a baseline, but mine is pretty far from there to work properly.
Thanks for the link. I’ll have to try again when I get a chance.

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
test - test -test
S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First time I adjusted mine, I found it was VERY sensitive to the adjustment for getting it in/out of Turf mode... A couple hex clicks goes a long way. Once I got mine to where it would go in/out of turf mode correctly, I had to back off the front cable just a bit as it was very stiff getting it in/out of Park. It's better now than it has been since the initial service that was done. (Mine is a '16 P1K5). When I put new tires (went from 27's to 29's), I had to tweak it again, but only 1 or 2 "notches" and it was good again. However it is not very close to the "factory" adjustment marks any longer...

test - test -test
BOX2
box3 - TEST

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!