P1000 Answer to Dust!

Paul_H_L11

Paul_H_L11

Supporting Member
Jan 28, 2021
Covington, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This just might be the answer to a big part of out dusting problems. I was at my local dealer getting the Cabin Comfort installed and while talking to the manager about what a PITA the dust problem is in the P1K5's he said a local upholstery guy has been making up rear door seals...$60 for the pair and you need about 20 push pins. They look a lot better in person than they do in the photo too.

I took the gamble and bought a pair, installed this morning and WOW, with the full windshield closed and the rear window down and zipped there has so far been a HUGE improvement, with dust reduces to nearly zero...NO SH!T.

Obviously more time will tell if sealing the rear doors makes that much difference, but for now it's looking good.

Frigg'n Honda should have had all this straightened out before the dang release of this rig, so we weren't cobble'n crap to together to avoid getting silicosis breathing all this dust.

View attachment 56571 View attachment 56572
The guy that makes these is Brandon Beesley in Utah. His email is [email protected] His phone is (801)750-3459. I bought a set from him.

L

Lacoda23

Aug 16, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I peel

I joined the adhesive on both pieces so as to make a stronger bond. My seals are still going strong after one year even with quite a few mud/dust/creek runs this year. I still don’t have a solid solution for the rear doors but running a full windshield is your worst enemy as far as dust is concerned. I have a full windshield but it’s a fold-out that was meant for the top to fold out but I reverse engineered it and made the bottom fold out. There’s a thread on this forum which outlines the process and it really is the cats ass. You get airflow through the cab which kills the dust but no wind in your eyes which cuts down on the bellyaching from the wife. That’s a double win!!
I peel

I joined the adhesive on both pieces so as to make a stronger bond. My seals are still going strong after one year even with quite a few mud/dust/creek runs this year. I still don’t have a solid solution for the rear doors but running a full windshield is your worst enemy as far as dust is concerned. I have a full windshield but it’s a fold-out that was meant for the top to fold out but I reverse engineered it and made the bottom fold out. There’s a thread on this forum which outlines the process and it really is the cats ass. You get airflow through the cab which kills the dust but no wind in your eyes which cuts down on the bellyaching from the wife. That’s a double win!!
Do you have a link or way for me to find that thread reversing the windshield? Thanks

Reactions: crewcabrob
HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Check this out. My buddy put these on his rzr and they work great.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got done installing the recommended Mcmaster Carr weather stripping (93085K551) on my 1000-5 front doors. I believe it will work out great and will make a big difference this winter as well as the summer. I don't know exactly how everyone installed there's but to go around the complete front doors, 10 foot was not enough to go around both. I removed both doors and was going to cut the weatherstripping in half to make it more manageable to install. I'm glad I didn't, because when I got done with the first door, I did not have enough to go around the second door. I ended up ordering another 10 foot to complete it. So as far as the way I installed it around the complete outside you will need to order 20' to do both doors. Just my observation and now on to the backs.

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got done installing the recommended Mcmaster Carr weather stripping (93085K551) on my 1000-5 front doors. I believe it will work out great and will make a big difference this winter as well as the summer. I don't know exactly how everyone installed there's but to go around the complete front doors, 10 foot was not enough to go around both. I removed both doors and was going to cut the weatherstripping in half to make it more manageable to install. I'm glad I didn't, because when I got done with the first door, I did not have enough to go around the second door. I ended up ordering another 10 foot to complete it. So as far as the way I installed it around the complete outside you will need to order 20' to do both doors. Just my observation and now on to the backs.
Have you taken any pictures of the install??

advertisement
BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This works very well! 90% dust reduction. Clean well and use the 3M adhesion promoter. Put it on mine over a year ago and still stuck well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335
A

AdamSG

Sep 23, 2023
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anybody try this on a 2023? How is everyone else's holding up?

I'm going to be trying this mod very soon.

I'm also ordering a mid panel for my 1000-3 Forest.

I'm hoping that with no windshield, a mid panel, and the door seals, I can greatly reduce the dust.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody try this on a 2023? How is everyone else's holding up?

I'm going to be trying this mod very soon.

I'm also ordering a mid panel for my 1000-3 Forest.

I'm hoping that with no windshield, a mid panel, and the door seals, I can greatly reduce the dust.
Talk to @trigger and order a quickshield (aka TriggerShield). They aren’t Jeeps but his product certainly helps with heat and dust.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
🤣😂
Dont mean to laugh, but how much is greatly?
Buy a Quick Shield like stated above. That will help. But stopping dust🤔 very hard to do. Maybe stop some, its not a Bronco.

Reactions: trigger and CID
A

AdamSG

Sep 23, 2023
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
🤣😂
Dont mean to laugh, but how much is greatly?
Buy a Quick Shield like stated above. That will help. But stopping dust🤔 very hard to do. Maybe stop some, its not a Bronco.
Yes, I am completely aware that you won’t 100% eliminate dust on an open cab vehicle.

Allow me to clarify:

I am hoping that by installing a mid panel, removing the windshield, and installing door seals, I will reduce the amount of dust entering the cab area enough to feel satisfied all while still understanding that I am in fact in an open cab vehicle with the impossibility of 100% dust reduction.

Hope this is more clear.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hope this is more clear.
Yeppers!

Didnt mean to get your shorts all tight🤣
This trying to stop dust has been talked about on here like the China Virus 4 yrs ago lol. Just funny to hear someone thi king they will stop it. But yea, to midigate some u can so that

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes, I am completely aware that you won’t 100% eliminate dust on an open cab vehicle.

Allow me to clarify:

I am hoping that by installing a mid panel, removing the windshield, and installing door seals, I will reduce the amount of dust entering the cab area enough to feel satisfied all while still understanding that I am in fact in an open cab vehicle with the impossibility of 100% dust reduction.

Hope this is more clear.
With no windshield, all that other stuff will unnecessary. The summer I run without a windshield, I never had a dust issue unless i was following someone. There is noway of avoiding someone else's dust unless you lay back far enough to let the dust settle.

A

AdamSG

Sep 23, 2023
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With no windshield, all that other stuff will unnecessary. The summer I run without a windshield, I never had a dust issue unless i was following someone. There is noway of avoiding someone else's dust unless you lay back far enough to let the dust settle.
I was getting a lot of dust pouring in from the cargo bed area.

I made a makeshift mid panel out of some mesh to experiment. Seemed to solve most of the problem. But I then noticed a lot was coming in from the doors.

I did take the top half of the two piece windshield off though, which caused the bottom half to divert the wind up to the top of the cab.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was getting a lot of dust pouring in from the cargo bed area.

I made a makeshift mid panel out of some mesh to experiment. Seemed to solve most of the problem. But I then noticed a lot was coming in from the doors.

I did take the top half of the two piece windshield off though, which caused the bottom half to divert the wind up to the top of the cab.
Have you tried no windshield at all yet? Its just a straight line wind then. Any dust that tries to come up from the bed area is blown away. The midpanel only helps when running a windshield or a half windshield.

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3

Allow me to clarify:

Hope this is more clear.
@TripleB Is right about alot on this. When I owned a polaris the cabs were easy to remove. I would take the windshield, doors, and back window out. There would be no dust. I knew when I bought the pioneer 1000 it would be different. I need the cab for winter calving. It's to difficult to remove for the summer. I run a solid mid panel, put weatherstripping on the doors (fabric uppers removed), and have a dfk flip up glass windshield with wiper. There's more dust than no cab but way better than before I put the weatherstripping on the door. If the cabs were more easily removable that's what I'd do. If I didn't use my machine every day from end of January-april no matter the weather I wouldn't bother with the extra expense. The setup I have now works great though. When going slow in the summer I have my window up. When going fast or through tall grass it's down with minimal dust issues. Don't need to buy a mid panel with no front windshield. Just put the weatherstripping on and call it good.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!