P1000 Answer to Dust!

tromano1706

tromano1706

Jun 21, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great solution. Did my front doors and the bottom of my windshield this week. Haven't run any super dusty areas yet, but seems to help in limited riding I've done. Worth it for rattle elimination alone.
I did this as well and am happy with it for rattle elimination already. Haven't gotten to try it out yet for dust but will reply when I do. I think it is a very clean install though.

Reactions: Lady01
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So you still like the throttlemax? One Guy posted it surges when climbing over rocks. Thanks.
I originally bought it for my wife but I really like it. I'm guessing I've had mine for 2 years now. I've got one in both machines and I've not had any issues yet. Knock on wood!

DenMachine

DenMachine

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2020
Wisconsin/Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Count me in as well. Glass windshield, Glass back window, Full doors.... Dust isn't too much of an issue in cab is back window is closed. Back seat riders are unrecognizable after about 10 miles of dusty trails. BTW, back is completely enclosed also. Doesn't help much as dust is coming from bottom of rear doors.

K

KDOMBY

Nov 20, 2018
Ontario, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMO these are the best shifter covers on the market. I’ve been running them for over a year and they block heat, cold and dust.

RAD Customs
RAD Customs shift covers are great. I got in on the first batch and the rubber was sub-par and started cracking. He upgraded rubber and sent me a free replacement and they are holding up great. Keeps a lot of the air flow under control.

DenMachine

DenMachine

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2020
Wisconsin/Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Count me in as well. Glass windshield, Glass back window, Full doors.... Dust isn't too much of an issue in cab is back window is closed. Back seat riders are unrecognizable after about 10 miles of dusty trails. BTW, back is completely enclosed also. Doesn't help much as dust is coming from bottom of rear doors.
Ok i bit the bullet and bought this door seal. Procedure is to call Brandon Beasley at 801 750 3459 or email him at [email protected]. Price is $130 + Shipping. You get nice picture instalation instructions, and if followed closely you won't have any problems. Does it work? Well don't know let, but it sure does seal up some big cracks. I also included 2 pics of my added weather striping by door hinges and box floor.

20210331 131604 20210331 163417 20210331 163435 20210331 163500 20210331 165501 20210331 165501

B

Bon

Feb 10, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This just might be the answer to a big part of out dusting problems. I was at my local dealer getting the Cabin Comfort installed and while talking to the manager about what a PITA the dust problem is in the P1K5's he said a local upholstery guy has been making up rear door seals...$60 for the pair and you need about 20 push pins. They look a lot better in person than they do in the photo too.

I took the gamble and bought a pair, installed this morning and WOW, with the full windshield closed and the rear window down and zipped there has so far been a HUGE improvement, with dust reduces to nearly zero...NO SH!T.

Obviously more time will tell if sealing the rear doors makes that much difference, but for now it's looking good.

Frigg'n Honda should have had all this straightened out before the dang release of this rig, so we weren't cobble'n crap to together to avoid getting silicosis breathing all this dust.

View attachment 56571 View attachment 56572
Hello, I was wondering how the modification has lasted the last couple of years? My small children are having such a hard time with the dust and I was considering doing something like this. Thank you!

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
This is a more expensive option, but if you are running a front windshield, the dust comes in from the rear and sides due to airflow. Here is what I found works and It will fit on any UTV SXS.

Reactions: Wellzy and Lady01
BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used a weather resistant foam rubber seal from McMaster-Carr (item # 93085K551) it has a 3M adhesive backing. So far it’s held up well and does a dang good job keeping the dust out. Plus it helps the heater out this time of year! I highly suggest cleaning the surface area throughly before installing!View attachment 252979
I just ordered the same from McMaster. Did you do both the door and the body? Seems like some of the gaps are more than 3/4.
I used a weather resistant foam rubber seal from McMaster-Carr (item # 93085K551) it has a 3M adhesive backing. So far it’s held up well and does a dang good job keeping the dust out. Plus it helps the heater out this time of year! I highly suggest cleaning the surface area throughly before installing!

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just ordered the same from McMaster. Did you do both the door and the body? Seems like some of the gaps are more than 3/4.
On my 2020 P1K3 the McMaster Carr bulb seal, sealed up the lwr doors great. I have several friends with basically the same buggy’s that used it also. There will be a small a gap at the lwr front corners of the doors after installing this adhesive backed seal.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have any pics?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

C

Cstam105

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok i bit the bullet and bought this door seal. Procedure is to call Brandon Beasley at 801 750 3459 or email him at [email protected]. Price is $130 + Shipping. You get nice picture instalation instructions, and if followed closely you won't have any problems. Does it work? Well don't know let, but it sure does seal up some big cracks. I also included 2 pics of my added weather striping by door hinges and box floor.

View attachment 264144 View attachment 264145 View attachment 264146 View attachment 264147 View attachment 264148 View attachment 264149

How has this set up worked for you? Minimize the dust?

Reactions: DenMachine
DenMachine

DenMachine

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2020
Wisconsin/Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How has this set up worked for you? Minimize the dust?

To be honest, I still haven't put it to the dust test. Since installation I hav migrated to Wisconsin where most riding is on asphalt. Maybe next week I will take it on some real trails.

Now my configuration is the back is fully enclosed. Now I get lots of dust coming in from the back of the doors. Not a tight fit with back window. And as you. Know their is a suction effect in the back. That problem has yet to be resolved. I'm hoping that these door seals will really help when the seats are up and keep the G`kiddies a bit cleaner.

C

Cstam105

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To be honest, I still haven't put it to the dust test. Since installation I hav migrated to Wisconsin where most riding is on asphalt. Maybe next week I will take it on some real trails.

Now my configuration is the back is fully enclosed. Now I get lots of dust coming in from the back of the doors. Not a tight fit with back window. And as you. Know their is a suction effect in the back. That problem has yet to be resolved. I'm hoping that these door seals will really help when the seats are up and keep the G`kiddies a bit cleaner.
By back of doors you mean where you added the extra foam where it meets the bed rail?

Reactions: DenMachine
TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just Ordered 20 feet of the prescribed weather stripping from McMaster-Carr, Hope it does the job!

DenMachine

DenMachine

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2020
Wisconsin/Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
By back of doors you mean where you added the extra foam where it meets the bed rail?

I have the wing swing out doors above the OEM rear doors. They are fabric and clear plastic to complete the dump box sides. These swing up doors are not designed to meet the back plastic rear and rollbar tightly. So lots of dust comes in through that opening.

C

Cstam105

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the wing swing out doors above the OEM rear doors. They are fabric and clear plastic to complete the dump box sides. These swing up doors are not designed to meet the back plastic rear and rollbar tightly. So lots of dust comes in through that opening.
You've caught my attention! Haha

Can you post a picture of those doors?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!