BOX1

P1000 Answer to Dust!

D

Deerburger

Oct 25, 2019
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This will get rid of 90% of the dust,very red neck and more durable than I thought 2 years in.
That's exactly what I was gonna do. Coat the pioneer in pam, spray foam, and let sit. Cut the foam down some and put flex seal on it to protect foam. Then add thin weather strip for a seal.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's exactly what I was gonna do. Coat the pioneer in pam, spray foam, and let sit. Cut the foam down some and put flex seal on it to protect foam. Then add thin weather strip for a seal.
Clean the doors w acetone and scuff w sandpaper,put one layer of tape on body and spray w Pam.take the seat off ,in case u need to reach in and remove excessive foam.Be patient and let foam set up.Do the ft doors first,as u can see there is a Hugh void in rear,open bed so u can remove too much excess foam.u will need to trim a slot in order for bed to close.I just trimmed excess w a flat razor,then sealed foam w black acrylic caulking.I installed door bushings after that helped a lot from doors bouncing up and down beating up the foam.Take ur time and good luck this made a Hugh difference in my machine.

Reactions: Deerburger
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Clean the doors w acetone and scuff w sandpaper,put one layer of tape on body and spray w Pam.take the seat off ,in case u need to reach in and remove excessive foam.Be patient and let foam set up.Do the ft doors first,as u can see there is a Hugh void in rear,open bed so u can remove too much excess foam.u will need to trim a slot in order for bed to close.I just trimmed excess w a flat razor,then sealed foam w black acrylic caulking.I installed door bushings after that helped a lot from doors bouncing up and down beating up the foam.Take ur time and good luck this made a Hugh difference in my machine.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I remembered I also painted them w flat black paint.Let dry,then coated them w baby powder so they didn’t stick to the jams.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BTW, the 4th pic shows the only gap that is still open, down in the driver side corner. I'm going to see how well it works with 99% of the gap filled and if that corner causes issues I'll get creative with it as well. The initial thought would be to use a larger bulb on the weatherstripping but the 5/8" bulb fits super tight in a few spots and I know that my passengers will never get the door fully latched without me telling them to "SLAM THE SONUVA&ITCH!"
this works good,Ive done it and the gap will let a little snow in , in the winter, otherwise pretty nice, thanks for the info.

S

shad_m

Sep 27, 2019
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can open the door and drain water but I couldn't close it hard enough to keep dust out (it pours in through the gap in front doors on a gravel road) so I decided to make my own seals which IMO look as though they could be OEM.

The following were all purchased through Amazon for under $40.

1.3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter, 5 Sponge Applicators
2. 3M VHB Heavy Duty Mounting Tape 5952, 0.5" width x 5yd length
3.3M D-Shape Door Seal 0.59" Height X 0.47" Width, Weather Stripping Hollow Black (10 Feet)

View attachment 92639 View attachment 92640 View attachment 92641 View attachment 92642
I have all these materials ready to install it and am wondering did you peel the adhesive off the weather stripping it came with or used it along with the mounting tape?
I have sealed up the back doors and dump bed somewhat with 1" foam tape and it seems to have helped. Finally been getting some rain here in AZ so can't really say if the foam has been a big improvement... My elk and deer hunts were miserable with roads tore up and powder. I ended up taking my windshield off to solve the dust vortex in the cab layering my equipment in unwanted dust. I can handle some dust but this sxs is the worst by far compared to other brands I've owned.

Last edited:
S

shad_m

Sep 27, 2019
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 0081

Still more to seal up on the lower part of the door but the gaps are huge and I ran out of foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

shad_m

Sep 27, 2019
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 0079

My doors don’t rattle anymore, nice and tight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have all these materials ready to install it and am wondering did you peel the adhesive off the weather stripping it came with or used it along with the mounting tape?
I have sealed up the back doors and dump bed somewhat with 1" foam tape and it seems to have helped. Finally been getting some rain here in AZ so can't really say if the foam has been a big improvement... My elk and deer hunts were miserable with roads tore up and powder. I ended up taking my windshield off to solve the dust vortex in the cab layering my equipment in unwanted dust. I can handle some dust but this sxs is the worst by far compared to other brands I've owned.
I peel
I joined the adhesive on both pieces so as to make a stronger bond. My seals are still going strong after one year even with quite a few mud/dust/creek runs this year. I still don’t have a solid solution for the rear doors but running a full windshield is your worst enemy as far as dust is concerned. I have a full windshield but it’s a fold-out that was meant for the top to fold out but I reverse engineered it and made the bottom fold out. There’s a thread on this forum which outlines the process and it really is the cats ass. You get airflow through the cab which kills the dust but no wind in your eyes which cuts down on the bellyaching from the wife. That’s a double win!!

Reactions: Chevy412SP
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I peel

I joined the adhesive on both pieces so as to make a stronger bond. My seals are still going strong after one year even with quite a few mud/dust/creek runs this year. I still don’t have a solid solution for the rear doors but running a full windshield is your worst enemy as far as dust is concerned. I have a full windshield but it’s a fold-out that was meant for the top to fold out but I reverse engineered it and made the bottom fold out. There’s a thread on this forum which outlines the process and it really is the cats ass. You get airflow through the cab which kills the dust but no wind in your eyes which cuts down on the bellyaching from the wife. That’s a double win!!
When u do the rear doors this is how much fill there is between the door and body of the machine,I don’t have any weather stripping on the rear doors.close to two inches.the foam needs to be adhered to the doors.as far as the weather stripping I used the tape ,and it fell off,so I went and got a tube of 3M weather stripping adhesive that stuff really sticks .

47CD4818 4F08 4BF8 9035 BFB2BA1A5D24

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When u do the rear doors this is how much fill there is between the door and body of the machine,I don’t have any weather stripping on the rear doors.close to two inches.the foam needs to be adhered to the doors.as far as the weather stripping I used the tape ,and it fell off,so I went and got a tube of 3M weather stripping adhesive that stuff really sticks .

View attachment 172646
Weather stripping ft doors

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The roads in Nevada during the elk and deer hunts were miserable as well.I f u do this properly it makes a huge difference.during warm weather I open my flip windshield ,just bought an extension for my flip windshield but have not used it yet been too cold.chasing chukars in the rain and snow

N8theGR8

N8theGR8

Oct 3, 2019
Central Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4

What does Pam do??

B

bh1332

Mar 13, 2019
Wyoming
I can open the door and drain water but I couldn't close it hard enough to keep dust out (it pours in through the gap in front doors on a gravel road) so I decided to make my own seals which IMO look as though they could be OEM.

The following were all purchased through Amazon for under $40.

1.3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter, 5 Sponge Applicators
2. 3M VHB Heavy Duty Mounting Tape 5952, 0.5" width x 5yd length
3.3M D-Shape Door Seal 0.59" Height X 0.47" Width, Weather Stripping Hollow Black (10 Feet)

View attachment 92639 View attachment 92640 View attachment 92641 View attachment 92642
301, how are these holding up over time? I see you are in Kansas, where the temps don't quite get as cold as they do here in Wyoming. Do you suppose they would hold up in -20 temperatures and -35 wind chills?

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Please keep us apprised of how the job lasts. Any application tips? It really does look OEM and the machine looks like it could be in a showroom. .

Reactions: ChadD
S

Sparky74

I did this same thing to my machine 1 year ago after reading 301's post and it's holding up great. Really cut down on the dust coming through the gaps around the doors. I'm in Southern Nevada and believe me we have a lot of dust around here in the desert! 🤪

I didn't bother with the extra mounting tape or the adhesion promoter. I wiped the edges of the door with alcohol pads and just attached the D-Shaped Weather Stripping tape right to the door and so far so good!

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, haven’t been on here for a while but I’ve still got the Pioneer and the seals are holding up fine. I don’t ride much in the winter so I can’t attest to how the hold up in sub-freezing conditions but they’ve been in mud and water with no sign of coming loose and were worth every penny as far as dust control.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!