P1000 Answer to Dust!

S

settler

Dec 6, 2020
Houston tx
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use my Honda 1000-5 at deer lease which is very dusty area. What is the Air Diverter in front and the Comfort Kit. Also, is there anything to help with jumpy Accelerator at low speeds?

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hopeful the Honda Side by Side STore will jump all over this and offer to us. I think at least 50% of us would purchase. Someone below indicated some sort of zippered shield for the rear?

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This just might be the answer to a big part of out dusting problems. I was at my local dealer getting the Cabin Comfort installed and while talking to the manager about what a PITA the dust problem is in the P1K5's he said a local upholstery guy has been making up rear door seals...$60 for the pair and you need about 20 push pins. They look a lot better in person than they do in the photo too.

I took the gamble and bought a pair, installed this morning and WOW, with the full windshield closed and the rear window down and zipped there has so far been a HUGE improvement, with dust reduces to nearly zero...NO SH!T.

Obviously more time will tell if sealing the rear doors makes that much difference, but for now it's looking good.

Frigg'n Honda should have had all this straightened out before the dang release of this rig, so we weren't cobble'n crap to together to avoid getting silicosis breathing all this dust.

View attachment 56571 View attachment 56572
Thanks for this! WHJat is the Air Diverter and Cabin Comfort??

Reactions: Lady01
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for this! WHJat is the Air Diverter and Cabin Comfort??
Cabin comfort is the black rubber pieces under seat to help with the heat. They didn't start putting them In until somewhere around late 2017 I believe. If u had a 16 or 17 model they would install it for free.

Reactions: EMAW and Lady01
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Cabin comfort is the black rubber pieces under seat to help with the heat. They didn't start putting them In until somewhere around late 2017 I believe. If u had a 16 or 17 model they would install it for free.
Yep and didn't help, the fan under the seat blowing across the headers works though? $ 50.00 deal and your done.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, haven’t been on here for a while but I’ve still got the Pioneer and the seals are holding up fine. I don’t ride much in the winter so I can’t attest to how the hold up in sub-freezing conditions but they’ve been in mud and water with no sign of coming loose and were worth every penny as far as dust control.
It’s dusty?

E

Elkmobile

Aug 13, 2018
Northern Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am certainly in for a full set. The dust is miserable. My wife loves the machine, but wont go out with me again until i fix the dust.
Has honda not made a retrofit set of door seals?
I may have to get rid of mine......

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used a weather resistant foam rubber seal from McMaster-Carr (item # 93085K551) it has a 3M adhesive backing. So far it’s held up well and does a dang good job keeping the dust out. Plus it helps the heater out this time of year! I highly suggest cleaning the surface area throughly before installing!
F20E6BCE C7B4 4EDE 85BD D99DA6CDDE71

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
....and the Air Diverter?

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am certainly in for a full set. The dust is miserable. My wife loves the machine, but wont go out with me again until i fix the dust.
Has honda not made a retrofit set of door seals?
I may have to get rid of mine......
With door seals that I used along with a tip out windshield, you’ll cut the dust down by 90%. There’s gonna be dust no matter what, I mean we’re off road for Christ sake. My wife hates the dust also but I’ve gotten it controlled to the point that she tolerates it. I told her if she b****ed about the minimal amount that comes in now, I was selling it and buying a C8 Corvette. Silence....

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys, haven’t been on here for a while but I’ve still got the Pioneer and the seals are holding up fine. I don’t ride much in the winter so I can’t attest to how the hold up in sub-freezing conditions but they’ve been in mud and water with no sign of coming loose and were worth every penny as far as dust control.
Thanks for the feedback 301. I plan on placing my order this week. I think I'll have to also block the air coming in around the shift and trans contols to get the dust under control, but your info has been invaluable. Any application tips (if needed) would get my scrutiny too. Thanks again. Dust control and turn signals are my number 1 & 2 projects this spring.

Last edited:

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the feedback 301. I plan on placing my order this week. I think I'll have to also block the air coming in around the shift and trans contols to get the dust under control, but you info has been invaluable. Any application tips (if needed) would get my scrutiny too. Thanks again. Dust control and turn signals are my number 1 & 2 projects this spring.
IMO these are the best shifter covers on the market. I’ve been running them for over a year and they block heat, cold and dust.

RAD Customs

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMO these are the best shifter covers on the market. I’ve been running them for over a year and they block heat, cold and dust.

RAD Customs
Let’s get back to the c8 thing.i bought a KRX to go along w my pioneer,it’s dustier than the pioneer.always wanted a corvette and I really like the c8,thinking about trading the KRX in on a c8

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
T

turdbrownLE

Nov 8, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can open the door and drain water but I couldn't close it hard enough to keep dust out (it pours in through the gap in front doors on a gravel road) so I decided to make my own seals which IMO look as though they could be OEM.

The following were all purchased through Amazon for under $40.

1.3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter, 5 Sponge Applicators
2. 3M VHB Heavy Duty Mounting Tape 5952, 0.5" width x 5yd length
3.3M D-Shape Door Seal 0.59" Height X 0.47" Width, Weather Stripping Hollow Black (10 Feet)

View attachment 92639 View attachment 92640 View attachment 92641 View attachment 92642

Great solution. Did my front doors and the bottom of my windshield this week. Haven't run any super dusty areas yet, but seems to help in limited riding I've done. Worth it for rattle elimination alone.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!