Any experience with weight distribution hitches?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bet we paid less for our Ram than he paid for the Ford,obviously money is no object considering all of the add ons required.Our Ram came with a tow hitch, bumper is never used.

Ford come with the hitch, bumper is rated

J

JTW

Whenever anyone else is willing to throw down and pitch in on anything I buy.. feel free to give your input, until then, if you don’t have anything useful to add or funny to say. Close you’re cocksucker before i moderately fill it!

I don’t give a f*** about dodges or fords or gas vs diesel... I just don’t f***ing care. I’m 33 years old and doing now, what some twice my age can’t, AND all my s*** is paid for. So... I’ll continue to make the choices I make, because thus far. It’s all working out pretty well!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Whenever anyone else is willing to throw down and pitch in on anything I buy.. feel free to give your input, until then, if you don’t have anything useful to add or funny to say. Close you’re cocksucker before i moderately fill it!

I don’t give a f*** about dodges or fords or gas vs diesel... I just don’t f***ing care. I’m 33 years old and doing now, what some twice my age can’t, AND all my s*** is paid for. So... I’ll continue to make the choices I make, because thus far. It’s all working out pretty well!!
HA! Your kids aren't paid for, they never will be! HA!

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Found the millenial button!

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3

LOL!!!! As I was reading JTW's response above, THAT is exactly what popped into my pointy head hahaha!!

Ya beat me to it!

Hey JTW..you've got a late model F150, right? Does it have the built in trailer brake? If so, that system works awesome. It's tied into the ASR/ABS etc.. and handles a lot of swing and sway all by itself.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL!!!! As I was reading JTW's response above, THAT is exactly what popped into my pointy head hahaha!!

Ya beat me to it!

Hey JTW..you've got a late model F150, right? Does it have the built in trailer brake? If so, that system works awesome. It's tied into the ASR/ABS etc.. and handles a lot of swing and sway all by itself.
Good point.

Reactions: JTW
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My cargo trailer is an 8.5 X 7 X 20, and all I have in it is my Pioneer, but unlike JTW's mine is a steel frame. I never use my weight dist hitch at all. I hook up and roll 75-80 with no fuss whatsoever. Not sure I'd have the same level of confidence if I had a half ton, but I've pulled it on some pretty windy days, and never felt a dam thing.
Again.. if I was going to pull my 25' Arctic Fox travel trailer, the weighs close to 7K I'd probably use the bars.

J

JTW

Ya beat me to it!

I do and it does.. I think it’s mostly just the light trailer moving.

J

JTW

My cargo trailer is an 8.5 X 7 X 20, and all I have in it is my Pioneer, but unlike JTW's mine is a steel frame. I never use my weight dist hitch at all. I hook up and roll 75-80 with no fuss whatsoever. Not sure I'd have the same level of confidence if I had a half ton, but I've pulled it on some pretty windy days, and never felt a dam thing.
Again.. if I was going to pull my 25' Arctic Fox travel trailer, the weighs close to 7K I'd probably use the bars.
It’s great with no wind.. 80-85 no problem... everything pulls good. But toss in heavy winds and big trucks and it pushes and pulls. I haven’t pulled it loaded yet so I dunno how that will be. I suspect much better.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I agree on not owing for toys, everything I've got is paid for, except our home and that is getting taken care of, we mow our own yard, do all the landscaping and plant a garden.

Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I am not the b**** asking for suggestions on a bumper pull enclosed for a half ton,you are. If you won't listen to reason then you deserve what you get. All my stuff is also paid for and I have been there and done that, so quit getting on here and crying if you don't want help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!