BOX1

Any experience with weight distribution hitches?

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It’s great with no wind.. 80-85 no problem... everything pulls good. But toss in heavy winds and big trucks and it pushes and pulls. I haven’t pulled it loaded yet so I dunno how that will be. I suspect much better.

I'll bet it does too. Mine weighs somewhere around 3000-3200. I would imagine the aluminum frame probably makes up for the additional 4 feet in length weight-wise..

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am not the b**** asking for suggestions on a bumper pull enclosed for a half ton,you are. If you won't listen to reason then you deserve what you get. All my stuff is also paid for and I have been there and done that, so quit getting on here and crying if you don't want help.
OW MY! HA!

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@JTW I see it now on the previous page.. your's weighs 3400 lbs.

What weight axles does yours have? Torsion or leaf?

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Actually a Plymouth And a Ram!:D Sold my Dodge :(

Reactions: Plumber32
J

JTW

@JTW I see it now on the previous page.. your's weighs 3400 lbs.

What weight axles does yours have? Torsion or leaf?
5200# torsion with a spread axle...

I really haven’t pulled it enough or gone thru it to figure it all out. Hence, my issue and asking for opinions on hitches. We leave in 3 weeks for Moab so I’m just trying to get a jump on it.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
5200# torsion
Ah damn dude.. you have the setup for sure. That is exactly what I was gonna order. Aluminum chassis, & 5200 torsion axles. Perfect.

Mine is steel chassis, and 3500 leaf axles... but I couldn't pass on the deal. :) I'm confident I could sell it tomorrow for more than I paid.

J

JTW

Ah damn dude.. you have the setup for sure. That is exactly what I was gonna order. Aluminum chassis, & 5200 torsion axles. Perfect.

Mine is steel chassis, and 3500 leaf axles... but I couldn't pass on the deal. :) I'm confident I could sell it tomorrow for more than I paid.
Yep.. I’ve been looking and looking and that’s what I wanted. So when this came up it was a no brainer. I just have to get it rigged out.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I really haven’t pulled it enough or gone thru it to figure it all out. Hence, my issue and asking for opinions on hitches. We leave in 3 weeks for Moab so I’m just trying to get a jump on it.

I get it. There is nothing wrong with a little overkill. The WDH won't hurt a dam thing, and it'll give you peace of mind.

I really like the kit I have (although I haven't used it in years) back when I pulled it home from north Idaho, I had my 03 F350. The second trip back, I started having a runability issue.. (figured out later it was EGR) I thought the turbo was starting to carbon up, so I ran the freakin piss out of it all the way home pulling that 7000lb trailer. The speedo saw north of 80 on several occasions. I hardly knew it was back there.. no swing or sway at all.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

Josh,

If you have time before you leave for the trip, try loading the trailer with your machine and another piece of equipment to simulate the load you’ll be pulling to Moab and tow it around for a hundred miles or so. You can get an idea how is going to handle and get an idea of what air pressure to run in the air bags.

J

JTW

I am not the b**** asking for suggestions on a bumper pull enclosed for a half ton,you are. If you won't listen to reason then you deserve what you get. All my stuff is also paid for and I have been there and done that, so quit getting on here and crying if you don't want help.

The question..

6CF472EF 0AE6 4920 9714 487577D3FA3A

And your “help”
5A79BB81 B94B 4705 A378 C881301FBED5

446EDE28 58C5 45F2 A705 84BD5737CD1E

And now here we are... I didn't ask about trucks or trailers... I didn’t ask for opinions on any of it. I’m aware that a bigger truck would pull it “better”. I’m aware a gooseneck trailer would handle “better”. I’m aware of all that. If I wanted those things I would have them. But that’s not what I wanted or the deals that were presented. If you have useful advise them I’m open ears... if it’s more of the “Buy a RAM” “shoulda bought a different trailer” bulls***.. I’m not interested. It’s really that simple. I’m not crying or asking for “help”... I asked if anyone had experience, specifically, with the Andersen hitch. I’m open to useful info and suggestions. None of which you have provided here tonight.

J

JTW

Josh,

If you have time before you leave for the trip, try loading the trailer with your machine and another piece of equipment to simulate the load you’ll be pulling to Moab and tow it around for a hundred miles or so. You can get an idea how is going to handle and get an idea of what air pressure to run in the air bags.
Yes.. that’s my next step. But I need to get my tie down points figured out and settled before I can haul anything. Just taking this week to gather as much info as possible on the various systems and items im looking to buy

Reactions: Tigermark
J

JTW

I get it. There is nothing wrong with a little overkill. The WDH won't hurt a dam thing, and it'll give you peace of mind.

I really like the kit I have (although I haven't used it in years) back when I pulled it home from north Idaho, I had my 03 F350. The second trip back, I started having a runability issue.. (figured out later it was EGR) I thought the turbo was starting to carbon up, so I ran the freakin piss out of it all the way home pulling that 7000lb trailer. The speedo saw north of 80 on several occasions. I hardly knew it was back there.. no swing or sway at all.
Yup.. I’d be fine pulling it to Moab tomorrow. But just trying to make things better.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Yes.. that’s my next step. But I need to get my tie down points figured out and settled before I can haul anything. Just taking this week to gather as much info as possible on the various systems and items im looking to buy
Have you settled on the track system you going to use?

Reactions: JTW and mjn
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The question..

View attachment 145987

And your “help”
View attachment 145985
View attachment 145986

And now here we are... I didn't ask about trucks or trailers... I didn’t ask for opinions on any of it. I’m aware that a bigger truck would pull it “better”. I’m aware a gooseneck trailer would handle “better”. I’m aware of all that. If I wanted those things I would have them. But that’s not what I wanted or the deals that were presented. If you have useful advise them I’m open ears... if it’s more of the “Buy a RAM” “shoulda bought a different trailer” bulls***.. I’m not interested. It’s really that simple. I’m not crying or asking for “help”... I asked if anyone had experience, specifically, with the Andersen hitch. I’m open to useful info and suggestions. None of which you have provided here tonight.
I never said buy a Ram, although in my opinion it is a better deal, I said you should have bought a gooseneck. That would eliminate a hitch equalizer, air bags, bed cover or whatever you have, and fold down beds. Don't come on here looking for advice "after" you bought something. You spent a lot just to compensate for what you have.If you are going to be all that then don't cut corners.
IMG 1525

J

JTW

I never said buy a Ram, although in my opinion it is a better deal, I said you should have bought a gooseneck. That would eliminate a hitch equalizer, air bags, bed cover or whatever you have, and fold down beds. Don't come on here looking for advice "after" you bought something. You spent a lot just to compensate for what you have.If you are going to be all that then don't cut corners.
View attachment 145991
Never claimed to be “all that”... I don’t care what you have... I’m buying for what I need. Simple as that.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!