BOX1

Talon Anyone else running tracks?

P

patpete

Apr 8, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would box it. Make sure add on plate goes up original plate a bit to add torsional strength
View attachment 175961

View attachment 175962

Not the best pictures, but that's what I have right now. I like the way they mount to the machine, just not the cheasy single shear tab.

1F4971E7 66F9 43B8 85A0 01921708F01B

Last edited:
P

patpete

Apr 8, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's my plan. Just can't decide if I should just up the hiem size at the same time.
I stayed with the stock hem joints. We haven’t broke one since I did mod in dec of 17 I did my mod on 1 Polaris 900 ranger and 2 Honda P1k’s.

D

Dhall73

Oct 22, 2020
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. Talon x4
View attachment 173446

View attachment 173447

After loosing my 1 ton 4runner on 40" tires in the fire in 2018 I had to get another toy to go play in the snow. A few of my buddies have rzr's with tracks, but I've never been a big Polaris fan. So after some research, I picked up a talon and some tracks :D

Last night was the first trip on the tracks, man it's a blast. You can go places that guys even on huge 54s can't dream of.

I will say the trans isn't super happy in the snow in auto or sport mode. It likes to jump back and forth between gears. I found using manual mode when really mashing worked better. I haven't got to ride in another rig yet, but I do wonder if the cvt may have a slight advantage here. It's what's snow mobiles use after all. Either way, it's an all season machine for us, so I'm still glad I went honda, I didn't want a rubber band trans.
Looking for a set for my 2020 x4 as well, what make is on yours? Thank you, Dave in MN.

K

Koolhandmike

Jul 8, 2020
Anchorage, Alaska
Ownership

1. Talon x4
How much longer and wider did the Camso tracks make the vehicle? I have 14 x 7 trailer I'd like to keep using if I pull the trigger on these.

R

rickoshea

offset length 26.5" front/35" rear from the center of the hub width around 7" per side height will be roughly 4"

Reactions: Koolhandmike
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!