P1000 anyone had experiance with this light b

N

nick253

May 14, 2017
Weiser, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it has mixed reviews... some state that the half the lights went bad after 3 weeks... w3hat light bar can you recommend for under 800.00... let me know...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012G0CEC8?tag=sxsweb24-20

thanks in advance,
Gary
it has mixed reviews... some state that the half the lights went bad after 3 weeks... w3hat light bar can you recommend for under 800.00... let me know...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012G0CEC8?tag=sxsweb24-20

thanks in advance,
Gary
No offense mates, but opinions are like a-holes. Only yours matters. Bought a 500 watt million lumon 52inch bar for$60. When came with 10 amp fuse knew something was wrong. After looking at options decided to try it-I mean I can throw $60away. Harder to throw $2000 ridged away. Tried it out. Lots of fun. Has3flashing modes. If you need better lights for driving, spend $800 or more and be safe. If you want to fancy up your rig and have some fun, do not be afraid to try the under $100 stuff. Had mine for 9 months with no issues and gotten lots of compliments at the two parades we do each year. Have fun! Don’ go broke.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No offense mates, but opinions are like a-holes. Only yours matters. Bought a 500 watt million lumon 52inch bar for$60. When came with 10 amp fuse knew something was wrong. After looking at options decided to try it-I mean I can throw $60away. Harder to throw $2000 ridged away. Tried it out. Lots of fun. Has3flashing modes. If you need better lights for driving, spend $800 or more and be safe. If you want to fancy up your rig and have some fun, do not be afraid to try the under $100 stuff. Had mine for 9 months with no issues and gotten lots of compliments at the two parades we do each year. Have fun! Don’ go broke.

There's certainly some truth here. On my first machine I had the $60 ...52 inch curved light bar from amazon. I mounted it just below the roof line and it worked great. It really lit up the night. I had it for 2 years and never had an issue. When I got a new machine I tried out the Rough Country single row 20" LED bar. It puts out better light, in a more consistent patter and is more compact. I think I got it on a sale for about $100. But to your point, for the majority of folks, the amazon specials will treat them just fine. Hell I think you can get 4 cube lights for like $30.

I wouldn't look at anything more expensive than Rough Country or GG Lighting unless your are LITERALLY racing in the Baja 1000.

I'm pretty sure it breaks down like this

60% of people just need the amazon specials
39% could use a RC or GG light
1% have a need for a $2000 light bar

Thats all facts no opinions :) :);)o_O

Just for shyts and grins check these out: LED Light Bars & Accessories - Lighting
I got a personal tour of the manufacturing facility today. They make some really awesome stuff!!

Reactions: ohanacreek
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I put a 52" curved on mine at the bottom of the windshield. Curved lightbar with spot/flood mix is where it is at. Tons of peripheral vision that really helps when your haulin arse late at night.

got any pics? how did you attach it?

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
unless you are running desert at 60 you really won't need a 40" RC equivalent. 30-40mph on trails that will allow 30-40mph is easy with the RC. I went from a 40" dual row amazon special to a 20" single row RC and it is easily twice as bright with ¼ of the surface area. Drew twice as many amps as well the Amazon special was supposed to be a 20amp draw and only drew @4amps I think and the RC was supposed to draw 9amps and it drew 9amps.

just the bar no headlights

ok thanks so much for the info... what vendor did you buy your rc at? amazon, ebay? straight from the manufacture..looking for best price and also looking to mount just under my Honda oem hard roof with some nice clamps for round cage...
thanks,
Gary

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok thanks so much for the info... what vendor did you buy your rc at? amazon, ebay? straight from the manufacture..looking for best price and also looking to mount just under my Honda oem hard roof with some nice clamps for round cage...
thanks,
Gary

I searched for best deal on it, I think at the time RC was running a sale on the black series.

Try these TSC clamps. No other clamp I’ve tried has held remotely as well. I have a 20lb wetsounds bar mounted and the clamp arm horizontal. It hasn’t moved.

Traveller Small 1 in.+ Tube Bracket at Tractor Supply Co.

Reactions: GlockMeister
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Better than no light at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously, but not if you have to replace it in one month... again my original question was, have you had experience with it? Lol

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I searched for best deal on it, I think at the time RC was running a sale on the black series.

Try these TSC clamps. No other clamp I’ve tried has held remotely as well. I have a 20lb wetsounds bar mounted and the clamp arm horizontal. It hasn’t moved.

Traveller Small 1 in.+ Tube Bracket at Tractor Supply Co.

Very nice, just what I was looking for rather than trying to fab a piece of strap iron to my honda clamp... now I just have to make it fit my home bar...2.0" I think....
This clamp covers rotational and length...
Thanks,
Gary

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very nice, just what I was looking for rather than trying to fab a piece of strap iron to my honda clamp... now I just have to make it fit my home bar...2.0" I think....
This clamp covers rotational and length...
Thanks,
Gary
I believe TSC makes a larger clamp as well. For 2"+ sizes.
Measure your bar before hand though. A stock is usually 1 1/4", 1 1/2" or 1 3/4". The clamp @ohanacreek posted fits all 3.

advertisement
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I believe TSC makes a larger clamp as well. For 2"+ sizes.
Measure your bar before hand though. A stock is usually 1 1/4", 1 1/2" or 1 3/4". The clamp @ohanacreek posted fits all 3.

Yes, mine is the 1 3/4" do you think the 30 inch curve double row would fit under the roof ok or should I just get the single row...
Thanks for your help..

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, mine is the 1 3/4" do you think the 30 inch curve double row would fit under the roof ok or should I just get the single row...
Thanks for your help..
A single row 20 or 30" is going to be way more than you need.

Reactions: ohanacreek
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
A single row 20 or 30" is going to be way more than you need.

Ok thanks, single 30 in. Curve is the way I will go probably... to bad they do not give the dimensions on there web site.. I will have to call them... the curved unit will follow the roof line better but the straight will be tucked under the roof better...so many decisions... I assume those tsc end brackets with the small holes in the end will allow the small bolt to pass through into the light bar housing? My p1000-5
Will be top notch when I get all the kids done... thanks for all your help..

Gary

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thanks, single 30 in. Curve is the way I will go probably... to bad they do not give the dimensions on there web site.. I will have to call them... the curved unit will follow the roof line better but the straight will be tucked under the roof better...so many decisions... I assume those tsc end brackets with the small holes in the end will allow the small bolt to pass through into the light bar housing? My p1000-5
Will be top notch when I get all the kids done... thanks for all your help..

Gary
I used slightly longer m8 bolts on my light bars. The TSC clamp has more meat in the clamping area. I wanted more than 1 or 2 threads holding the light on.
Honestly, a 20" straight bar down low on your bumper will do wonders.
@snuffnwhisky has a 30" curved RC bar on his. It is impressive the amount of light it throws!

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I used slightly longer m8 bolts on my light bars. The TSC clamp has more meat in the clamping area. I wanted more than 1 or 2 threads holding the light on.
@snuffnwhisky has a 30" curved RC bar on his. It is impressive the amount of light it throws!

I see... I just wanted mine mounted up high and somewhat out of the elements... I wanted the curved to throw some light in the woods for deer on the logging roads in northern mn. If I go straight bar then that would give me the option to put on bumper if I do not like if up near the roof...maybe it will throw too much lite on the hood and produce a glare, not sure yet... I Will send you a pic after I order the rc and clamps..
One more questions then I think I have it covered... rc web site I assume has the best price? Again thanks for your help..

Gary

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see... I just wanted mine mounted up high and somewhat out of the elements... I wanted the curved to throw some light in the woods for deer on the logging roads in northern mn. If I go straight bar then that would give me the option to put on bumper if I do not like if up near the roof...maybe it will throw too much lite on the hood and produce a glare, not sure yet... I Will send you a pic after I order the rc and clamps..
One more questions then I think I have it covered... rc web site I assume has the best price? Again thanks for your help..

Gary
You could watch on Amazon for a like new return to save some $$

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Too much if he’s following you!!!

Reactions: Neohio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!