P700 At a loss

MikeG

MikeG

Dec 30, 2017
Baton Rouge LA.
Ownership

1. 700-2
16 p700 sometimes it bogs down like it is losing fuel or air.This could happen when first pressing the accelerator or while cruising. When it bogs I can let of the go pedal then press again and it goes like nothing ever happened. I have now drained and refilled the fuel, checked fuel tank vent, blew fuel line out, oil & filter, plugs, air filter, checked valve adjustment, made sure air intake is clear. I am at the point of pulling the throttle body and cleaning it. Anyone have any idea?

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
16 p700 sometimes it bogs down like it is losing fuel or air.This could happen when first pressing the accelerator or while cruising. When it bogs I can let of the go pedal then press again and it goes like nothing ever happened. I have now drained and refilled the fuel, checked fuel tank vent, blew fuel line out, oil & filter, plugs, air filter, checked valve adjustment, made sure air intake is clear. I am at the point of pulling the throttle body and cleaning it. Anyone have any idea?
Check to make sure the screen baffle inside the muffler canister hasnt vibrated loose. They have been known to have the factory tack welds break, or somehow vibrate loose, and the exhaust doesnt have a clear path to escape the muffler canister because its being partially blocked. It happened to my wifes back when she had a P7 and I looked it up on here and found out its a common problem for some P7's. Hope that helps!

MikeG

MikeG

Dec 30, 2017
Baton Rouge LA.
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don’t think it’s the muffler. The baffle that I can see is still in place and does not move. I also don’t hear any rattling. Could a 02 sensor cause this?

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Now that I think about it, I dont think it was the screen thing that was broken on my wifes, and on other peoples 700's, it was something a little deeper down inside the muffler maybe. Some internal rib work or something like that. It breaks and falls in the path of the exhaust. You hit a bump just right and it jiggles out of the way and it runs fine, hit another bump just right and it jiggles back in the way of the exhaust flow and has the exact same symptoms youre talking about. My wifes did not make a rattling sound either. Also, I dont know if your sensor you were talking about would cause this problem or not.

Reactions: Mudwing
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would agree it could be the muffler as my 19 P7 did it with only 30 miles on it.
Cut the muffler in 2 and fixed the issue.
Now it sounds better and has not given any issues.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!