Attention - check Your 4 Seater

B

bcs-extreme

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have a new R4 and in doing a thorough once over I found Honda still has not secured the wiring harness that runs the span of the tunnel between the seats. The harness sits on top of the back passenger seatbelt bolt. Just a heads up.

IMG 3081 IMG 3082

H

HondaTech

You know I haven't seen any issues from this scenario in our shop. I've even made it a point to look if we have the tunnel out to see if it's causing harness damage.

It does appear that the harness in the picture has some additional protection in the form of whatever that material is that's not tape.

🤷🏻‍♂️

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'd either cut that bolt off (my preference) or double heat shrink it at least.

fwiw - that problem has been discussed and is included in the New Talon Owners - First Things to Know and Check, linked in my sig or a stickie in the General Talon 1000 Discussion forum.

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I added a chase light to mine new R4 and ran the wires along the factory wiring and didn’t notice any issues on mine.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!