Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is the 700-4 (2016) so it may be different than yours.
Completely explains your questions then!
I have not the slightest idea where the plug is on the 700.

Reactions: sharp
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya.
I need to clean this up and remove all 1000 talk to eliminate confusion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm bad for that. I check new posts, but never check the subforum they are posted in.

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If a custom harness is possible then is it necessary to run it all the way from the accessory back. Why not find a power source nearer the transmission connection? As I understand it the transmission connection is the "switch" for initiating power to the backup light. Or am I mistaken?
You are correct in this.
A power source would be the tail light wire. Then it would only come on when in reverse AND when headlights are ON.

We are also exploring a plug and play kit for the 700 to grab the reverse trigger wire. Few weeks out from finishing up tho.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

N8theGR8

N8theGR8

Oct 3, 2019
Central Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
2017+ year models do!

Yes, I should've clarified. 2016 and older do not have that plug.

The way I wired my reverse LIGHT onto my 2016 700-4 was to splice the ground line from the LED light into the REVERSE lead from the gear position switch, gray wire (under bed, passenger side); and spliced the power line from the LED light into 12V power supply to rear/brake lights, brown wire.

I bought these lights from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07217HPV5/?tag=sxsweb24-20

W

WayneGoins

Jan 25, 2023
Columbia, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks N8theGR8 for the info. Great idea. I've looked everywhere for this info for the 2016.

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes. Just did the Auto Backup Light and Auto/Manual dash switch for the backup light on our '21 P700-4. The kit and harness is of very good quality. It installed per the instructions included easily. Our single light is very bright and makes for a great backup light/work light.

As an observation, and something we did, you should buy about 25' of 1/4" - 3/8ths" black wire loom to encase your new wire. We used 1/4" loom. When under the P700 you will notice most wire is enclosed in split loom to protect it from abrasion. Additionally, most factory loom is also partially wrapped in black electrical tape, I assume to keep the split loom from opening. The loom is easy to install as you tie strap your new wiring to the frame, or main harness. Another thing we did is put a small amount dielectric grease in the connection for the back up plug inside the right rear wheel well. We also dielectric greased the connection of the harness at the panel switch.

I know the thread is old, but there is some recent traffic so I thought this might help someone.

Last edited:
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dielectric grease in a spray can is the best thing since spray electrical tape. :)
When mice chewed up a bunch of wires on my house ac I used the spray electrical tape to recoat all tbe bare wires eliminating the need to replace all of them.
I use the dielectric spray grease on just about everything

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Kinda off topic, but your right. I use the dielectric grease on our P700 chassis grounds as well if I'm close to a ground while working on something else. Also put it in any weather connector I come across. It makes for cheap insurance against corrosion.

Cheers

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!