Automatic Reverse Lights And Override Switch

jcrowe645

jcrowe645

Jan 11, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the front light bar and harness as well as the rear auto reverse lights and override harness and switch kit. Before I get started on it tonight does anyone have any useful tips or suggestions when installing these Also, what is a good average time it takes to install these. The front light bar obviously looks simple. More concerned with the rear. Thanks

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the front light bar and harness as well as the rear auto reverse lights and override harness and switch kit. Before I get started on it tonight does anyone have any useful tips or suggestions when installing these Also, what is a good average time it takes to install these. The front light bar obviously looks simple. More concerned with the rear. Thanks
Honda Pioneer 1000 Add a Light Bar Kit

Honda Pioneer 1000 Auto Reverse Light

Honda Pioneer 1000 Auto Reverse Light Dash Switch

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
For the work light harness.
Start up front and follow the main harness down under the passenger side.
At the passenger wheel well. Find a stick or something and tap the end to it.
Then stick it under the floorboards.
This will let you run the wires to under the seat.
Continue following the main wire harness until you get to the connector.
No need to remove the skid plates.

CajunRedneck

CajunRedneck

Jan 16, 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Russ, stupid question? Are the lights running of the secondary battery when switched to constant on and running of the primary when auto reverse is on? Just making sure that is correct, I want to do this but don’t want to drain my main primary battery but also didn’t know if they would be any kind of issues with both power supplies if that makes since.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Russ, stupid question? Are the lights running of the secondary battery when switched to constant on and running of the primary when auto reverse is on? Just making sure that is correct, I want to do this but don’t want to drain my main primary battery but also didn’t know if they would be any kind of issues with both power supplies if that makes since.
There are 3 kits featured here.

Add-a-light - This is powered directly off the headlight circuit with no options to alter. Meaning always key-on primary battery.

Auto Backup Lights - Alone they collect power from the factory wire harness. So here its powered from the primary battery when key is on AND you are in reverse.

Work Light Trigger kit - This is an add-on to the auto backup lights to add functionality. This kit allows you to choose power for your rear/auto-backup lights. Its designed so you can hook it to the secondary battery fuse box. Switched power is not required however if you choose a constant then you must put the work light rocker in the middle off position to kill the switch backlighting.

Hope that helps.

CajunRedneck

CajunRedneck

Jan 16, 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are 3 kits featured here.

Add-a-light - This is powered directly off the headlight circuit with no options to alter. Meaning always key-on primary battery.

Auto Backup Lights - Alone they collect power from the factory wire harness. So here its powered from the primary battery when key is on AND you are in reverse.

Work Light Trigger kit - This is an add-on to the auto backup lights to add functionality. This kit allows you to choose power for your rear/auto-backup lights. Its designed so you can hook it to the secondary battery fuse box. Switched power is not required however if you choose a constant then you must put the work light rocker in the middle off position to kill the switch backlighting.

Hope that helps.
I think so, I already have the dual reverse lights from the Hondasxs store. I was planning on adding the work light trigger kit. Just wanted to make sure that when it’s in work light mode it is pulling from the secondary battery. And that having it wired to be able to do that wouldn’t cause any interference with anything.

Reactions: Bama-Daniel
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I think so, I already have the dual reverse lights from the Hondasxs store. I was planning on adding the work light trigger kit. Just wanted to make sure that when it’s in work light mode it is pulling from the secondary battery. And that having it wired to be able to do that wouldn’t cause any interference with anything.
No interference when using our backup lights.
You have a hot to connect. That will be your power for both auto backup and the work light setting. It no longer collects power from the factory harness.

D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
No interference when using our backup lights.
You have a hot to connect. That will be your power for both auto backup and the work light setting. It no longer collects power from the factory harness.
This is pretty brilliant, I couldn't figure out how this could work until I started testing the harness. I plan on not using the switch included but using an Auxbeam switch instead. Took me a good hour to figure out how this could work until I realized that on the Honda side, the plug isn't grounded unless the Pioneer is in reverse. I guess I expected it to be constantly grounded. I'll be using a relay with the Auxbeam switch to make it work the way I want, and might lose the always off option (have a work around for this, but don't think I need it). As usual, the wiring from the club store products is great and items get delivered quickly. Great work.

Reactions: Bama-Daniel
advertisement
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Where does the backup light mount on a 1000-3?

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So, let me ask. If you have just the backup light and when you place it in reverse, the ground then makes contact? If this is so, and you want to turn the light on manually you should be able to have a single toggle to just connect ground, correct? You wouldn't need power to the switch because power must be coming form the factory plug in point, correct?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So, let me ask. If you have just the backup light and when you place it in reverse, the ground then makes contact? If this is so, and you want to turn the light on manually you should be able to have a single toggle to just connect ground, correct? You wouldn't need power to the switch because power must be coming form the factory plug in point, correct?
It's not quite that easy. It took us a while to figure out this item.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I think the way it works it that when the Pioneer is put in reverse, the Honda side plug is supplied power and ground at that time. I think those circuits are both open until it is placed in reverse. Haven't actually tested this yet, but I think that is how it works. I think the switch harness terminates the power supply from the Honda side, so it isn't used. It is the switching of the ground that makes it work. You have to supply power to the harness and that is why you can hook it up to an aux battery and not have it draw at all on the factory battery. Of course anyone who could source and make this themselves, but I don't know why anyone would want to. They have it all figured out. You cannot simply toggle the ground, but if you are like me and want to do something different with the switch, you can use a relay and use the factory switches or something else if you want to. That is what I plan to do. I never intended to use the included switch, but it was well worth it to me to buy the harness since it is so well put together. When I first got on this site, I was a bit skeptical about the Club Store, but now that is the first place I look for anything for my Pioneer. The products don't disappoint, the shipping, packaging and communication are all top notch.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The roof doesn't cover the light up if mounted there?
I bought Amazon cheapo flush mount leds. I just cut the tailgate and recessed then into it.

20220222 140126

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They hang from the bottom of the ROPS, so below the roof. Your tool box lid would likely block the light when open.
I had some there also on a separate switch. They get knocked off almost every time we're out so I quit putting them back on. That's the flaw with the 3 seat. The roof line sucks. The 5 seat slides around trees easily. With the 3 seat it goes to the end of the cab then slides down the rear of the cab and rips the light off.

N

nick1329

Dec 16, 2022
Columbia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello. Just to make sure I understand correctly. I would need this product and this product (or some sort of light setup) to make this all work properly. Plus a switch plate and what not already installed in the sxs.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!