Axle nut torque question

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed arched arms, and retorqued the axle nuts to around 102-110 lbs. Drivers side there is no play. Passenger side there was a little play in the hub. I torqued it down some more, still play. Torqued again, and almost all the play is gone.
For information purposes, it's a new 2018 with 70 miles so bearings aren't going bad. Ball joints are new. The play is not coming from the arm sleeves/bushings, ball joints, etc. With my 30" tire mounted, when you grab the top and bottom of the tire you can feel the tiniest amount of play in the hub.
My question is this - Is this OK/normal, or should both sides completely seat like driver's side with zero play. Also, is it possible to have a negative outcome from torquing past 110 lbs.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!