P500 Back At It...

D

Deleted member 3748

I appreciate the mention, but I don't have a battery tender. I have a thread about jump starting under the hood though. I think that's where we ere talking about battery tenders.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I appreciate the mention, but I don't have a battery tender. I have a thread about jump starting under the hood though. I think that's where we ere talking about battery tenders.

I thought you were the one that posted that socket, no? Great idea regardless.

Dang. You'll eventually have a Serpent built by Members!!! Keep it up.

Oh yeah, that's the beauty of this forum. Bouncing ideas around and coming up with mods and add ons that make it safer, easier to maintain and look BA! I always try to acknowledge who I got an idea from. Imitation is the best form of flattery. ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The mail ran late today but my splined lug nuts and tool showed up. Fire in the wood stove was all but out, and I was sick of stoking it, so I put the two driver's side wheels on and will put the other two on tomorrow. Made a big difference in the look of the machine, should've done it a long time ago. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Jak sent word that the newly configured Jakbar (around the box) is on its way. I can't wait to put this thing all back together.

J

Jshell3

The mail ran late today but my splined lug nuts and tool showed up. Fire in the wood stove was all but out, and I was sick of stoking it, so I put the two driver's side wheels on and will put the other two on tomorrow. Made a big difference in the look of the machine, should've done it a long time ago. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Jak sent word that the newly configured Jakbar (around the box) is on its way. I can't wait to put this thing all back together.
I was looking this post up to ask to see pics. Guess It'll wait til tomorrow. o_O

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well I got the new ITP Black Ops installed. Went into it based on info from the forum in regards to offset (5+2 on all four) and spacers (1" on rear) to achieve an even track width.
I pulled the spacers off the front and mounted the two on the drivers side last night, looked like the back was wider than the front...maybe optical illusion, I'll check it out tomorrow. o_O
Installed passenger side today and dropped it down, took a level and plumbed down the outside of the tires at center of hub on each and marked the the floor with a crows foot. Pushed machine forward and measured between. 53" dead nuts in front...( you were right @Chooglin ). Measured the rear, 55 3/4"...what the...?! :eek:
Thought maybe I marked the wrong side of the level so I did it again, front 53" again, rear 55 3/4". Pulled the back wheels off and removed the spacers, plumbed down again, 53 3/4". Then it dawned on me, Chooglin is probably running the same size tires all the way around for his spare tire purposes. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I now have four 1" spacers sitting on the bench. Just an FYI, for those concerned about the nuts coming loose on them, I used red thread locker on them when installed, they were tight as hell and I had to use a persuader to get them to cut loose. I also have four stock wheels and tires leaning in the corner, lug nuts too. The tires are brand new, still have the little tits on them. :oops:
Oh, and I have a P5 with some BA looking wheels on it now! :cool:
ITPs installed

J

Jshell3

I'm digging those tires and rims. The wasted 1" spacers are unfortunate, but I'm sure they'll sell quickly on here (along w/ the stock tires). Looks really good, tho.

C

Chooglin

Yep , I am running 9" width on all four !

That is a bummer about the spacers and I have to agree with @Jshell3 it do look good :)..........now go sling some mud !

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm digging those tires and rims. The wasted 1" spacers are unfortunate, but I'm sure they'll sell quickly on here (along w/ the stock tires). Looks really good, tho.
Yep , I am running 9" width on all four !

That is a bummer about the spacers and I have to agree with @Jshell3 it do look good :)..........now go sling some mud !

Thanks guys, yeah I like the look of these too...all black. :cool:
I knew it Chooglin, but no biggie on the spacers, better to have to take them off than trying to find a pair at the last minute.
Tackled another mod today that I haven't had time to get to...the @jak9922 Rod. I think you did this one too J, if I remember right? It was way easy but necessary IMO. I actually had one of those Allen bolts come out of the side of mine on the trail and the light bar was hanging and bouncing around. I can't remember how I dealt with it out there to get back but that sucked! Never again now. ;)
Jakrod

advertisement
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Thanks guys, yeah I like the look of these too...all black. :cool:
I knew it Chooglin, but no biggie on the spacers, better to have to take them off than trying to find a pair at the last minute.
Tackled another mod today that I haven't had time to get to...the @jak9922 Rod. I think you did this one too J, if I remember right? It was way easy but necessary IMO. I actually had one of those Allen bolts come out of the side of mine on the trail and the light bar was hanging and bouncing around. I can't remember how I dealt with it out there to get back but that sucked! Never again now. ;)
View attachment 37097
100% correct!!!!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got my reconfigured to fit the glove box @jak9922 Bar today. This thing is BA! I think this is the first thing I've ever done to this machine that the wife liked more than me. After I got it installed I told her to come out to the garage and check this thing out. First thing she said after sitting behind it was ' wow, this thing is cool, I really like this, you need to thank that guy'. Perfect height, feels solid and much safer than the stock up in the corner grab bar. Excellent add on for your partners in crime.
Jakbar
Jak Bar

Thanks jak! :cool:

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Got my reconfigured to fit the glove box @jak9922 Bar today. This thing is BA! I think this is the first thing I've ever done to this machine that the wife liked more than me. After I got it installed I told her to come out to the garage and check this thing out. First thing she said after sitting behind it was ' wow, this thing is cool, I really like this, you need to thank that guy'. Perfect height, feels solid and much safer than the stock up in the corner grab bar. Excellent add on for your partners in crime.
View attachment 37256 View attachment 37257
awesome glad you guys like it

Reactions: fuimus
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well, tomorrow will just be cleaning her up and putting her back together. This round of wrenching, mods and add ons has come to an end. I'll get some pics out when she gets her party dress on.
BTW, put those wheels and tires up on CL for $200, center caps and lug nuts included, 4 hours and they're sold. Spacers are up for $100.

Reactions: Chooglin
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 37256 View attachment 37257
awesome glad you guys like it
My Custom jackbar that will fit around the box is also being worked on by @jak9922, And also gave an idea to Jak for an Add-On to the Jakbar. Stay tuned...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thought my wrenching was done for a bit but...sold my old wheels and tires so figured I would put that coin back in the machine. Just ordered wheels, spacers and 23" ATV tires for the Rattler. I think I might just do a total rebuild of this thing, bigger and badder. He's getting a new name when I'm done too. His own identity. ;)
The Rattle

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Getting some time to play and put more crap on the machine!
I started an addition on the house in the fall. All of my weekends from then on were spent on it. Tore out a bearing wall, put in a huge beam to carry the roof load. Busted ass to get it in the dry before snow started to fly. Finally finished it up, moved everything in and started using it again. :)
Ordered up some ITP Black Ops, got the tires mounted, didn't know about the splined lug nuts and tool that's needed to bolt them on. They're ordered and in transit. :mad:
Rockin' the KFI plow markers now...$13 on amazon. ;)
Put a bigger graphic on the hood, just looked too small after seeing that bear head on Blue Berry. :cool:
Tinted the half shield with green fade to black. First time I ever messed with tint, wouldn't say it was hard, but it was time consuming. :rolleyes:
View attachment 36277
View attachment 36278 View attachment 36279
View attachment 36280
Gotta keep these in the house for a few days, too cold in the garage.
More to come...
Wow!! Very cool trigger.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I guess I just can't leave well enough alone. Had planned on posting some pics of the Serpent all put back together with the mods and add ons, then went and pulled the skid plate off and dropped it off to my Line X guy today. Said he'd spray it for $40. It's going to match the tool box now, fangs will be green. BA! :cool:
The rebuild of the former, Rattler, has started, pieces and parts showing up regular now. This thing is going to be way better than it was and way cheaper than the Bosski ATV Wagon. It's going to look and function better too, IMO. That gas can that they put in front would get covered with mud, I have a RotoPax on the P5 anyway. Their rack on top doesn't keep anything off the surface, just lays in the mud and water, and looks like it would hold water in. Box being built over top of the wheels makes for nice fenders but also makes it more tippy. The only thing they've got on me is cu. ft. of storage. They claim 30 cu ft, my design will yield 27.77. Honestly, I could build it bigger and get more storage but that also means more weight. Unnecessary. ;)
Off Road Trailer I'll give them credit though, this is what gave me the inspiration. :)

Reactions: Jshell3 and jak9922
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well, I guess I just can't leave well enough alone. Had planned on posting some pics of the Serpent all put back together with the mods and add ons, then went and pulled the skid plate off and dropped it off to my Line X guy today. Said he'd spray it for $40. It's going to match the tool box now, fangs will be green. BA! :cool:
The rebuild of the former, Rattler, has started, pieces and parts showing up regular now. This thing is going to be way better than it was and way cheaper than the Bosski ATV Wagon. It's going to look and function better too, IMO. That gas can that they put in front would get covered with mud, I have a RotoPax on the P5 anyway. Their rack on top doesn't keep anything off the surface, just lays in the mud and water, and looks like it would hold water in. Box being built over top of the wheels makes for nice fenders but also makes it more tippy. The only thing they've got on me is cu. ft. of storage. They claim 30 cu ft, my design will yield 27.77. Honestly, I could build it bigger and get more storage but that also means more weight. Unnecessary. ;)
View attachment 37662 I'll give them credit though, this is what gave me the inspiration. :)
Trigger, just do what you want to do, which will be better bro!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!