BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t let off the gas, still really normal?

Reactions: ChadD
BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You sure it’s not the gears clicking as they change? We recently had another member report the same thing, and it in fact was gears changing.
I’m sure, there's a pop/backfire then 1/2 a second later it clicks and changes gear. I’ve had 4 wheelers, XR600’s, CB750’s, trust me, I know the difference.
Its taking a trip back to the dealership in a week or so to get a new seatbelt, the driver’s arrived with a cut in it. They can check it out and let me know their opinion.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m sure, there's a pop/backfire then 1/2 a second later it clicks and changes gear. I’ve had 4 wheelers, XR600’s, CB750’s, trust me, I know the difference.
Its taking a trip back to the dealership in a week or so to get a new seatbelt, the driver’s arrived with a cut in it. They can check it out and let me know their opinion.
Post up a video so we can hear it as your driving. Hard to guess on a noise without the sound.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I can’t find the recent post on that, but it was why I gave that suggestion. Wasn’t questioning your intelligence…

Reactions: BlacktopBurner
BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can’t find the recent post on that, but it was why I gave that suggestion. Wasn’t questioning your intelligence…
I didn’t think you were, I’ll make a video this afternoon or in the morning. I’m trying to figure out a way to get my phone mounted at the back of the tailgate without duct tape. 🤣😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: GovtMule
advertisement
BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Duct tape and phone on tailgate, can’t really pick it up there. There is a popping sound before the shift, and then the shift, I don’t think it is a backfire. I wear hearing aids, it sure sounds different from up front. I guess you all are right, are there two clunks to a shift? Finally figured how to get a video on here, my first YouTube video, soon to be famous 😂🤣😂…..

Last edited:
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Duct tape and phone on tailgate, can’t really pick it up there. There is a popping sound before the shift, and then the shift, I don’t think it is a backfire. I wear hearing aids, it sure sounds different from up front. I guess you all are right, are there two clunks to a shift? Finally figured how to get a video on here, my first YouTube video, soon to be famous 😂🤣😂…..

All normal. You are good.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Dude - there is nothing better sounding than 999cc of a uni-cam engine with that DCT tranny slamming gears - if u don’t hear that little clunk right at shift - you have a problem

thanks for the video - that sounds awesome

I’m just bummed not on the rev limiter - lol

As an fyi - when I was selling my pioneer - had 2 potential buyers swear the machine was broken with that sound and why I was selling -

BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dude - there is nothing better sounding than 999cc of a uni-cam engine with that DCT tranny slamming gears - if u don’t hear that little clunk right at shift - you have a problem

thanks for the video - that sounds awesome

I’m just bummed not on the rev limiter - lol

As an fyi - when I was selling my pioneer - had 2 potential buyers swear the machine was broken with that sound and why I was selling -
😂🤣😂 It might have run me off too. I didn’t get on it very hard for break-in purposes.
How long am I supposed to be easy on it?

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
😂🤣😂 It might have run me off too. I didn’t get on it very hard for break-in purposes.
How long am I supposed to be easy on it?
I don’t get so hung up on break-in, don’t do anything dumb as u know like floor it right after starting and give it a minute or so to warm up for the first few trips. Common sense kinda stuff. I generally take it easy the first >10 miles, after that - game on.

I travel for work, so maybe 30 rental cars+ a year of every gender, some only have a couple of hundred miles on em and a real new one every now and then - first thing I generally do is find the rev limiter after leaving the lot - never had one start knocking.

All these manufactures make hundreds of thousands of engines and I have not seen many if any “motor trashed” because of improper break-in.

BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just read in manual it says 15 miles, all good. Who reads manuals?
I don’t get so hung up on break-in, don’t do anything dumb as u know like floor it right after starting and give it a minute or so to warm up for the first few trips. Common sense kinda stuff. I generally take it easy the first >10 miles, after that - game on.

I travel for work, so maybe 30 rental cars+ a year of every gender, some only have a couple of hundred miles on em and a real new one every now and then - first thing I generally do is find the rev limiter after leaving the lot - never had one start knocking.

All these manufactures make hundreds of thousands of engines and I have not seen many if any “motor trashed” because of improper break-in.